What kind of phone do you carry? - Page 2

What kind of phone do you carry?

This is a discussion on What kind of phone do you carry? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; iPhone 4, compared to my 1st gen iPod touch the screen is simply amazing, love it....

View Poll Results: What kind of cell phone do you carry?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Android

32 20.78%
  • Blackberry

22 14.29%
  • iPhone

40 25.97%
  • Non-smart phone

59 38.31%
  • Dang it Jim, I am a doctor, not a geek

1 0.65%
  • I don't carry a phone

1 0.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of phone do you carry?

iPhone 4, compared to my 1st gen iPod touch the screen is simply amazing, love it.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

~Benjamin Franklin

Original Droid. I use Google maps all the time when I'm out riding my bike and take one too many country roads, lol.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    iPhone 3GS - I'm a mac guy so it makes it very easy for me to keep everything synced. As well, heaven forbid I ever lose or damage the phone -- I can just sync with iTunes and I'm up and running in short order. No lost calendar data, all my contacts are there and my music is still there.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

HTC Evo 4G the best phone on the market
    NRA Member
    Glock 23

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I have a Samsung Rugby. I'm hard on phones and this one is able to keep up with me.

http://www.wireless.att.com/business...a837/index.jsp
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

LG ENV touch does the trick for me.

My personal phone is an iPhone 3. I also must carry a Blackberry Curve for work. I can not stand the Blackberry when compared to the iPhone. Hopefully, my company transitions to the iPhone in the near future.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Motorola DroidX through Verizon Wireless.

Recently switched from T-Mobile (HTC G1) to Verizon, I get a VERY hefty discount through work, and T-Mobile does not get reception at my In-laws (we frequently visit.).

I wanted an iPhone for a VERY long time, but I've yet to personally meet a "satisfied AT&T customer" , and my DroidX everything I need,and then some. Theres rumors about the iPhone coming to Verizon, if so, I'll MIGHT go that route when it comes time to replace the DroidX. (I only buy/use Mac personal computers.)

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    Motorola DroidX through Verizon Wireless.

Recently switched from T-Mobile (HTC G1) to Verizon, I get a VERY hefty discount through work, and T-Mobile does not get reception at my In-laws (we frequently visit.).

I wanted an iPhone for a VERY long time, but I've yet to personally meet a "satisfied AT&T customer" , and my DroidX everything I need,and then some. Theres rumors about the iPhone coming to Verizon, if so, I'll MIGHT go that route when it comes time to replace the DroidX. (I only buy/use Mac personal computers.)
    Not getting reception at your in-laws could be a great excuse NOT to go....if you need one.

Also, I am a satisfied AT&T customer. Been with them forever and have never really had any issues that they couldn't solve. I did an internet search and for each carrier, 1/2 love them, 1/2 hate them. So even if you switched, you get the same percentages.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Samsung GLeam flip phone w/Verizon. Eligible for the "New Every Two" upgrade...but will still go with a non-smart phone. Lowest data plan is $10...x2 to include the Mrs....that just an extra $20 I dont have to spend right now....

I just got my new iPhone 4 and I am pretty satisfied. I have had the blackberry torch (crazy slow) and the samsung
    Captivate (great phone but worthless GPS). Over all the iPhones just seem to have most intuitive operating systems with the best support.

I'm not sure why everyone hates AT&T. I have been with them for 8 years and I have never had any problems with them. My bill is always correct and I can't recall anytime that I had no signal when everyone else had a signal. I really think it just comes down to the old Ford versus Chevy mentality.

AT&T-flavored Nexus One

Would definitely recommend the Nexus One, wouldn't recommend AT&T (at least in Central FL). Plan on jumping over to Verizon when they finally rollout LTE.
    Ek = 1/2 (m*v^2)

Quote Originally Posted by Back 40 View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone hates AT&T. I have been with them for 8 years and I have never had any problems with them. My bill is always correct and I can't recall anytime that I had no signal when everyone else had a signal. I really think it just comes down to the old Ford versus Chevy mentality.
    Where should I begin?

AT&T nickle-and-dimes for everything. For an individual with a smartphone, they're the most expensive carrier out there if you want Voice+Data+Text. In my area, they're behind VZW and Sprint (the two CDMA providers) for network coverage.

They're about to be left in the dust now that T-Mo has rolled out HSPA+, Sprint has WiMax, and VZW has LTE (soon). Their network is in dire need of an update, and ATT won't bring out LTE before 2012 (at the earliest).

Their Android offerings are heavily crippled. Even the Captivate (which is an awesome phone, btw) locks out app sideloading. No other carrier does this.

The reason I'm stuck with them is that I need a GSM-capable worldphone. And the only other GSM-provider here (T-mo) has worse coverage in my area.
    Ek = 1/2 (m*v^2)

T-Mo doesn't have great coverage, but they do have, hands down, the best customer service of them all... especially if you call in. They are really great. I didn't think CS could be so good.

But I am with ATT now. I was with Cingular about 5-6 years ago, and the reception still hasn't improved at my house. Still a crappy signal. I got a full signal with T-Mo (go figure?) but everywhere else, I do get a more consistent ATT signal compared to what I got with T-Mo.

I think my voice quality would probably improve if I got a 3G voice capable phone. ATT always seems to love using the crappy half-rate codec, resulting in low quality audio and occasional garbles. When I was with T-Mo, it was full rate all the time - sounded like a clear landline.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links