MAN!!!!! I love the US

This is a discussion on MAN!!!!! I love the US within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I know that many on this site may not FULLY understand this but I know that there are a few other ex-pats of the Crown ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAN!!!!! I love the US

MAN!!!!! I love the US

I know that many on this site may not FULLY understand this but I know that there are a few other ex-pats of the Crown that can share this sentiment:

I decided to walk home from a Barnes and Noble about a mile from my house, it was a really nice night here. So as I am walking I suddenly became acutely aware of the fact I had a loaded pistol stuck in my pants, two extra loaded mags, a light, and a knife in my pockets.

Now I am always aware that I am armed, but this was more of a surreal "out of body experience" kind of how I felt at times during Basic. Like "WOW!!!! I'M in the Army!! ME!!!!"

See, back home carrying the knife alone would get me about 5 years in Her Majesty's prison. Not to mention the fully loaded weapon and mags. I have about 25 rounds of ammo on me, oh and also the magazines alone would make me a guest for about 9 years or so......

So, yah I was filled with joy when I remembered that in 1787 a group of men wrote a little document that was ratified in 1788 that protected my right to walk around with a pistol in my pants.

Bermuda will always have a special place in my heart....but GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

2. Remove Ads

Amen. I think about that fact often.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Having the privilege to have visited over 25 countries while in the USAF I must admit there is NO other country I would prefer to live in. God bless the USA.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Amen!

I have had the ablity to visit a few while in the US Navy. (east coast northern and med cruse) I am glad to be living in the USA!
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Military brat and former USAF,I never found a country that could hold a close second to the USA
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

It is a good feeling, and it is a shame that so many people do not appreciate what they already have...freedoms, that is!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You have to really experience the cultures in other areas of the world to fully appreciate what we have!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Amen. I think about that fact often.
    ^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^

Australia sucks,
    Canada sucks,
    Most ALL of Europe sucks,
    Japan,,, well Japan ,by the time you are done hoop jumping, you are too old to shoot!!
    Interesting reading about Japans firearms acquisition here:
    http://www.recguns.com/Sources/IIB3a.html

And if your talking about communist or middle east countries, well forget it as well.

As Ted says,
    America sucks, but the rest of the world sucks more!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    You have to really experience the cultures in other areas of the world to fully appreciate what we have!
    Well said but no thanks. I really struggle to think of a good reason to even travel outside of this great country let alone live elsewhere! We are blessed with what our founding fathers laid out, however because of all these freedoms we have to be ever vigilant to maintain or improve them. At least we have the power to do something about our laws.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by hk45c View Post
    I know that many on this site may not FULLY understand this but I know that there are a few other ex-pats of the Crown that can share this sentiment ... Bermuda will always have a special place in my heart....but GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!
    Some of the most patriotic Americans I know are 1st generation immigrants(I'm 3rd gen) God Bless You and Keep You!

Some of the most worthless refuse I have ever met are born citizens of this Great Nation and don't have a clue what they have.

NOV 2, make it count!
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

VIP Member
    Interestingly, I JUST got back from a week in London. Even if I had been traveling in an official capacity (I wasn't), it would still be VERY difficult for me to jump through all the hoops to be allowed to carry, and even then it's unlikely that I would have been given permission. The UK is EXTREMELY restrictive, even for my counterparts who live and work there. As much as there is about the UK that I really like, I could NEVER live or be posted there because of this.

I did see the Rosetta Stone for the first time in 20 years, and a good number of other cultural artifacts/sites that you just can't see anywhere else. And a good pint in a real pub just can't be beat...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

We're a relatively young country, compared to the UK and other European countries, Asia, and around the entire globe.

Thanks for the reminder; it's often quite easy to take our FREEDOM for granted; especially if this is our native soil and if you've never traveled beyond the borders.

GOD BLESS THE USA!!
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links