Never thought I'd see THIS!

Never thought I'd see THIS!

This is a discussion on Never thought I'd see THIS! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey folks, it's "Spirit Week" at my inner city high school and they let the kids dress up within reasonable limits. Usually the administration also ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never thought I'd see THIS!

Exclamation Never thought I'd see THIS!

Hey folks, it's "Spirit Week" at my inner city high school and they let the kids dress up within reasonable limits. Usually the administration also takes the opportunity to send a message to the student body by getting student council members to dress up as the "Walking Dead" with the mandate that the students so configured are not allowed to speak at all as they stroll the halls in their costumes of corpses each with a special signed hanging around their necks depicting a special message. Usually the message conveys a warning about drugs, or DUI or the ever present "gun violence" (specifically worded so as to be antigun). Today one of the walking dead strolled past my door. I looked at his sign and did a double take.

This corpse's sign said the following:

"I'm dead -- shot in the head by a perfect stranger as I tried to break into his home to feed my CRACK addiction!"

I think this is a specifically pro-gun anti-crime take that I have never seen before inside the walls of ANY public school, let alone one in the inner city!

I think it helps that my principal is a pro gun former general contractor that drive a HUMONGOUS 4x4 dually pickup with a quad-cab and diesel engine. He approached me early in the year about providing him with the class that is required to apply for a ccw permit in Florida. I was flabbergasted at the message presented by this particular walking dead-kid as well as the clearly pro gun message that it projects. So maybe there IS hope for our culture.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

OD*
    Excellent!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Senior Moderator
    So maybe there IS hope for our culture
    Nah.

He is one out of how many?

We are doomed.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

In this day of "American Idol" Presidency and the excoriation of a Miss USA runner-up for airing her conservative views, the fact that one kid in your whole school "gets it" is reason to celebrate. God bless him, and I hope he cultivates some intellectual followers.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Good for him, he is in the minority, but wise beyond his years.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Excellent!

VIP Member
    Yes, once in a while there comes a Liberal that actually has a brain.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

GM
    Very good. And that about the walking dead-kid was amazing!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

That is awesome!

Sweet!
    Must be a smart kid!
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Nah.

He is one out of how many?

We are doomed.
    A real 'glass is half full' type of guy, aren't you Hotguns? ;)
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Senior Moderator
    You think that ONE kid that gets it out of a school of several hundred is reason to celebrate the fact that ONE kid gets it? While I applaud the kid, he is but one out of many.

It used to be the other way around. Most of them "got it" and the ones that didnt were in the minority.

Just the way that this formerly great country of ours is headed.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    So maybe there IS hope for our culture.
    The world is what we make of it. Of course, when it's only one or two here and there, those few can be trampled by the mob in their righteous indignity over such efforts. That he hasn't been run out of his job and taken to task is a fair indicator of your community's temperament, though. Kudos for the guy, and your community.

Of course, the message is one thing. The real question is whether any kids will change their paths because of it, change because of having realized the message contained inside those words: "Johnny, the righteous citizens of your community are likely to shoot your butt if you dare to take or threaten everything they've got, rightfully so. Be good, be smart, and stay the HELL out of other people's things, else it might well be the last stupidity you ever do."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Good for him conveying his message. He's not the principals son by chance is he? haha
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    You think that ONE kid that gets it out of a school of several hundred is reason to celebrate the fact that ONE kid gets it? While I applaud the kid, he is but one out of many. Just the way that this formerly great country of ours is headed.
    Actually folks I don't think I was being clear. The KID didn't choose the sign, he was just chosen to wear the sign. The sign was the creation of the TEACHER who sponsors the club and that being the case, if this teacher is promulgating such common sense view points then the potential impact is huge. This is an inner city high school (traditionally an area where the progressive line on this topic is followed in lockstep) in the 4th largest school district in the nation and I suddenly discover that I'm NOT the only teacher in school that is fighting the liberal agenda in the trenches. My best buddy in that school and his wife who also teaches there are both as conservative as I am and they too, fight the good fight but I thought we were the only ones. It appears we are not alone and for THAT maybe there is reason to hope. Because where there is one there could be many.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links