last day of vacation

This is a discussion on last day of vacation within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Today is the last day of my vacation, I made my famous chili, and we are all hanging out getting ready to eat. I taught ...

Thread: last day of vacation

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

last day of vacation

Today is the last day of my vacation, I made my famous chili, and we are all hanging out getting ready to eat. I taught my niece about some of the stuff I do at work and she started asking me about work. Well inevitably she asked if I carry a gun at work and I explained all that and how I didn't have one on me because I didn't want anyone to know I had one. Well she started asking me questions about bullets and I taught her all about the different kinds of shells and bullets and ammo and then she asked me if I could let her shoot sometime. My vacation started out with me lying about carrying and carrying concealed, and now that we opened up about everything my niece is taking an interest in shooting and my sister is learning a bit more about the reasons behind carrying a weapon. I will convert them, but it will take time, now for some cinnamon chili
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

See....

good fer you...

Enjoy the chili, the family, and carry on!
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Patience!!!!!!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

now for some cinnamon chili!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH! it doesn't even sound good cause I don't like cinnamon candy.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Glad your vacation ended on a positive note. I hope the rest of it was enjoyable as well, in spite of some circumstances.

Cinnamon chili ?????
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

i make regular chili but I make it really really hot with cheyanne peppers and jalepenos then to give it a bit of a different taste i put some sugar and cinnamon in it. most be sure to put only a little bit of cinnamon and sugar in it so it is still hot. good stuff
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Distinguished Member Array PAcanis's Avatar
    Hey! Who told you about my cinnamon in chili trick?! lol
    Yeah, just a touch. A little goes a long way, but gives it a great underlying flavor. I still have yet to try chocolate though... I hear it's also pretty good.
    oops, wrong forum for all that nonsense. I'm glad your trip ended well. My thoughts are guns are like religion, if you know what I mean. I don't push them on anybody and I don't want them pushing their beliefs unto me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post

Cinnamon chili ?????
    Yeah, it DOES sound weird. But my wife, some years back, accidentally dumped a good bit of cinnamon into a batch of chili she was making, thinking she was adding more chili powder. We almost threw it all out before even tasting it. But we DID taste it, and it was surprisingly good. (Not quite good enough that we ever intentionally did it again, but not near as bad as it sounds).

Glad things panned out well.

Cinnamon chili eh? Care to reveal a recipe?

I don't measure so you will have to play with the measurements until you find what works for you

cinnamon
    chili powder, hot
    cheyanne peppers or powdered cheyanne pepper if desired
    jalapeño peppers diced 1 cup approx
    2 green peppers diced
    2 red peppers diced
    2 tomatoes diced
    1 onion diced as small as possible
    1 pound ground beef/bison, i have also used venison that i have shot wild and i find that this meat works best
    1 pound Italian sausage
    1 large can of tomato juice, i use V8 but you can use whatever you like.
    cook for half an hour on high heat, then let simmer as long as possible

this makes for a chili that is both hot and sweet

kpw
    That sounds interesting! I like using bison burger myself. It's leaner a with richer flavor. I use cayenne & habenero peppers. With the habeneros, you don't need any additional heat but they do add a bit of sweetness. Add a beer & beans and stock up on air freshener.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I never thought of using habeneros, they would be much better than the jalopeno's because they would help some of the sweet flavor too

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    i make regular chili but I make it really really hot with cheyanne peppers and jalepenos then to give it a bit of a different taste i put some sugar and cinnamon in it. most be sure to put only a little bit of cinnamon and sugar in it so it is still hot. good stuff
    Dude, I do the exact same thing. A pinch of cinnamon and some sugar. It makes the chili amazing and the flavors and slight sweetness go very well with the heat. My chili is the only chili my wife and kids like and will eat regularly.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

Links