I think i got a target on my back

This is a discussion on I think i got a target on my back within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; so anyways earlier in the week got nailed by a cop because i was going through a construction that was closed to trough traffic well ...

Thread: I think i got a target on my back

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar

I think i got a target on my back

so anyways earlier in the week got nailed by a cop because i was going through a construction that was closed to trough traffic well i thought that there was only one way to where i was going but i guess i was wrong. when i told him i was carrying he dident even blink which was weird but he said thank you for telling him. then yesterday i was going to a party and got stopped told him i wasn't carrying (was going to drink a bit ended up a half a beer) and we said thanks again a lot of people don't tell him he says to me but he stopped me because my license plate light was out nice right. so coming home last night down a stretch of road i been down a hundred times i seen something that wasn't right so i slowed down anyways it was a cop hiding and he followed me for a ways on my tail with his brights on then finally turned around i wasn't happy about that.
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

2. Remove Ads

Doesn't sound strange to me. The reason he followed you the third time was because you slowed down, which may have made the officer think you were paranoid. People always drive too slow when drinking, and he probably followed you to see if you were " keeping it between the lines". Common police practice. Coincidence, plain and simple.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Doesn't sound strange to me. The reason he followed you the third time was because you slowed down, which may have made the officer think you were paranoid. People always drive too slow when drinking, and he probably followed you to see if you were " keeping it between the lines". Common police practice. Coincidence, plain and simple.
    agree

Administrator
    If there is a target on your back, take it off.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by mathewsman View Post
    ... he followed me for a ways on my tail with his brights on ...
    I've had this "common practice" technique done with me a couple times, as well. Whatever euphemism is used for it, it's a decent rendition of a road rager. I've lost track of people who've gone ballistic for whatever reason, only to end up tailgating with the high-beam lights on.

In one instance, I pulled out and ahead of the car in front of me (on the highway), only to be pulled over by the tailgater (a cop) for speeding and erratic driving, both the higher speed and attempt to get out from in front of the tailgater being a direct cause of his own aggressive actions. Didn't seem to matter that he'd caused it with his tailgating and brights. "Common practice," I suppose. Sad, if it is.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links