Interesting Dream... - Page 2

Interesting Dream...

This is a discussion on Interesting Dream... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have the same bad dream where the BG doesn't drop or get hit. Mine is like the stupid conversations that we had as kids: ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have the same bad dream where the BG doesn't drop or get hit.
    Mine is like the stupid conversations that we had as kids:

ME: I shot you - you're dead!
    BG: No, you didn't!
    ME: Yes, I did!
    [wake up]
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    So perp was in my house...saw him reach for a snubby...I brought up my G19 to bear...

*click*

????

Chambered a round...sure enough a round ejected and another went in

*click...*

*click*....

Perp put away his revolver (lol). Looking concerned he comes over...I field strip and then detail my strip my G19 and we noticed the firing pin is jammed up! lol...It started as a bad dream..then ended funny as me and the BG try and figure out why I was not able to shoot him!...

I think I will go home and clean my firing pin's port tonight...
    I can't believe this!! I had the same dream only I was a task force member and chased after bad guys. I had the leader pinned and tried to shoot him when my Glock failed to fire. He held fire and when it was clear it would not, he walked up to me pointing his gun and said he had never seen a Glock fail to fire. That it was my lucky day IF I would go back to the office and resign that day, then stay away from this stuff. I agreed and I did.

You can say BS that you wouldn't, but he had me and let me go. I experienced the feelings in that dream and could never go back on my word.

Senior Moderator
    I had a couple "shooting" dreams before my son was born, but when I got pregnant I had my first "slasher" dream...

I dreampt that a bad guy came in our bedroom while we were sleeping and shot my husband dead without a word. ... Pregnant and all I leapt out of bed in a rage, grabbed my K-Bar LDK from around the bedpost and just started slashing and stabbing and cutting and screaming despite all the blood. It was a VERY graphic dream.

Not two months ago I was home alone with our son and I had a similar dream. A bad guy came in our home and grabbed our son and was heading for the door. I grabbed my K-Bar TDI and did almost the exact same thing as in my previous dream.

Moral or the story? Don't you DARE mess with my boys.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    I had a couple "shooting" dreams before my son was born, but when I got pregnant I had my first "slasher" dream...

I dreampt that a bad guy came in our bedroom while we were sleeping and shot my husband dead without a word. ... Pregnant and all I leapt out of bed in a rage, grabbed my K-Bar LDK from around the bedpost and just started slashing and stabbing and cutting and screaming despite all the blood. It was a VERY graphic dream.

Not two months ago I was home alone with our son and I had a similar dream. A bad guy came in our home and grabbed our son and was heading for the door. I grabbed my K-Bar TDI and did almost the exact same thing as in my previous dream.

Moral or the story? Don't you DARE mess with my boys.
    Where's the like button? ;]
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

I just had a bullets bouncing off BG dream ...Now my 115 gr DPX +Ps feel inadequate...... LOL time to pick up a Glock 30!
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member
    I had a dream last night - I got a Glock 20 with a .40 conversion kit !! Is this a SIGN??

(and that was my 888 post.....this is someone talking to me )

Mine was always not being able to get to my ammo while being overrun.
    Last edited by IronMike; November 22nd, 2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: needed it
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Lightbulb Dreams

You all need to quit eating PIZZA late at night !...........
    U.S. Army Veteran

I have had them all too in the past. Can't run, gun won't work, ammo doesn't work, long stiff trigger pull, shots don't put them down, etc. It's been a while since I had one.

From what I've read about dreams, this is supposed to be related to the dreamer's sense of not being in control of something in their life, more so than gun or self-defense related. It can manifest itself in anything, and if you are a gun nut, then it may be a gun-related scenerio. If you liked mountain climbing, it might be your gear that wouldn't work correctly.

It could be anything, from losing control of teenagers, to unrealistic expectations at work, to marital problems.....I don't worry about those kinds of dreams, but they do irritate me!

Distinguished Member
    Another gun dream to report. It was so crystal clear.

I was in a big college dorm, lots of people moving and activity. I was wearing a 10 mm pistol with a PINK slide. For some reason I was also wearing an apron, and I was afraid that the pink was showing through the apron. I did not want to get my new friends all ruffled up over a gun so I stashed it in a storage bag near my purse. (DUH that was stupid).

I go back to get the gun and it's gone. I pull security aside and ask if anyone found it. They said no, but then when I looked again, it was in the bag. But it had turned into a small super short double barreled top break shotgun. I was upset because I had put in the 10 mm loads and was worrying whether I had messed up the gun.

Weird stuff. I had a big steak dinner last night, maybe it was all that cholesterol on the brain.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Another gun dream to report. It was so crystal clear.

I was in a big college dorm, lots of people moving and activity. I was wearing a 10 mm pistol with a PINK slide. For some reason I was also wearing an apron, and I was afraid that the pink was showing through the apron. I did not want to get my new friends all ruffled up over a gun so I stashed it in a storage bag near my purse. (DUH that was stupid).

I go back to get the gun and it's gone. I pull security aside and ask if anyone found it. They said no, but then when I looked again, it was in the bag. But it had turned into a small super short double barreled top break shotgun. I was upset because I had put in the 10 mm loads and was worrying whether I had messed up the gun.

Weird stuff. I had a big steak dinner last night, maybe it was all that cholesterol on the brain.
    Wow! Now that's a dream.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links