Man, I hate dreaming about snakes!

This is a discussion on Man, I hate dreaming about snakes! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dreamed I was surrounded by about five six foot long rattlesnakes last night. Of course the dream started and ended without making any sense at ...

Thread: Man, I hate dreaming about snakes!

Dreamed I was surrounded by about five six foot long rattlesnakes last night. Of course the dream started and ended without making any sense at all except for the scary snakes.

Could it be that i've killed two in my backyard and seen one cottonmouth on the lawn down the street?

Could it be that I have the head and tail of one in a jar on my desk at work?

Hmm...
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

My ex girlfriend believed a dream with snakes means someone close to you will betrayal you.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Maybe it is an indication that your next gun should be a Colt Diamondback. All kidding aside though, watch where you step and put your hands for a while. I don't know what the dream meant but lets not take any uneccessary chances. Stay safe.

Give me the snakes...... I had a dream my Ex returned to my house, and robbed me blind.... again.

Snakes, is supposed to mean you are dealing with several stressful items in your life ..... deal with any conflicts, make unmade decisions about items you need to and get them off your back, forget the rest and relax.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I'll take the snakes, I hate spiders!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

You know, I do have a family member in a hospice, a daughter in a bit of turmoil in her marriage and a new position at work all coming within the last week or so. Man, I do need to relax especially since the only thing I have control over is the new position.

Yeah. Take a breath and chill Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Give me the snakes...... I had a dream my Ex returned to my house, and robbed me blind.... again.

Snakes, is supposed to mean you are dealing with several stressful items in your life ..... deal with any conflicts, make unmade decisions about items you need to and get them off your back, forget the rest and relax.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I'll take the snakes, I hate spiders!

I'm with you on this one Hiram!

Administrator
    Freud SYMBOLISM In Dreams

Dream Symbolism

Freud derived dream symbols from the resistance of dream interpretation. He noticed that resistance regularly occurred with certain elements of dreams even in dreams of mentally healthy people. He claimed that formation of visual answer on stimulus (dream) is not coincidental. He figured out that some parts of manifest content typically correspond with certain latent content. Freud called these manifest elements symbols - to which he ascribed constant meaning. The dream symbols are in his opinion more or less sexual.

Number three has in dreams symbolic meaning of man's sexual organ. All dream ideas which consist of three parts can mean the man's sexual organ. Phallus is symbolically substituted with all things that are similar to it by their form, namely long things that jut out: mountains, rocks, sticks, umbrellas, poles, trees... Then objects for which the penetration in the body and harming is characteristic - weapons: knifes, daggers, lances, sabres, swords... and fire arms: guns, rifles, revolvers, cannons... Obviously, the phallus is also substituted with objects from which water runs: pipes, watering-pots, fountains... and with objects that can be lengthened: hanging lights, extensible pens, aerials... Balloons, airplanes, helicopters, rockets, etc. are symbols of erection. Less evident male sexual symbols are reptiles and fish, especially a symbol of snake.

I just think dreams often have our worst fears in them. I guess you are afraid of snakes
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Sponsored Links