Timex Expedition analog and jewelry store rant

This is a discussion on Timex Expedition analog and jewelry store rant within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So my Timex Expedition analog water resistant 200 meter watch, that I got for Christmas 10 months ago, stopped working. If I tap it the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timex Expedition analog and jewelry store rant

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Timex Expedition analog and jewelry store rant

So my Timex Expedition analog water resistant 200 meter watch, that I got for Christmas 10 months ago, stopped working. If I tap it the second hand will go a few seconds and stop. Figured it was the battery. I took it to WalMart. They wouldn't touch it to change the battery due to needing a special tool. Off to the jewelry store. The lady brings out this big rotary looking wrench thing and gets the back off, replaces battery. Smiles when she gives me the bill for $20. What!?! Wow! Half way home I realize the watch is not working. Tap it, works for a few seconds. OK I guess it wasn't the battery. I don't have the receipt for the warranty. Am I screwed or is there hope?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    So my Timex Expedition analog water resistant 200 meter watch, that I got for Christmas 10 months ago, stopped working. If I tap it the second hand will go a few seconds and stop. Figured it was the battery. I took it to WalMart. They wouldn't touch it to change the battery due to needing a special tool. Off to the jewelry store. The lady brings out this big rotary looking wrench thing and gets the back off, replaces battery. Smiles when she gives me the bill for $20. What!?! Wow! Half way home I realize the watch is not working. Tap it, works for a few seconds. OK I guess it wasn't the battery. I don't have the receipt for the warranty. Am I screwed or is there hope?
    IMHO...pretty much.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    well...you would do better to contact timex than us...they will have the right answers and all we will do is give you bunch of advice that spans from kill whoever gets in your way to flip em the bird and die like a viking...

be polite and explain the situation...they may be able to track the watch by build date or something...one way or the other you will get your watch fixed or end up with a new one...

next time ask how much the jewelry store is gonna charge before you have them throw a new battery in...

Call Timex. They "used" to have pretty good warranties. You like high tech? Go look into the Casio G-shock atomic/solar watches. I have a Casio GW-700A that is Solar powered, Atomic (self setting even for day light savings). I consider it the best watch I've ever had, and I've had a couple that were Seiko's that cost several hundred.

Here is a link to one. Probably can find a better price if you look.

http://www.buy.com/prod/casio-gw700a...208434437.html
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Call Timex. They "used" to have pretty good warranties. You like high tech? Go look into the Casio G-shock atomic/solar watches. I have a Casio GW-700A that is Solar powered, Atomic (self setting even for day light savings). I consider it the best watch I've ever had, and I've had a couple that were Seiko's that cost several hundred.

Here is a link to one. Probably can find a better price if you look.

http://www.buy.com/prod/casio-gw700a...208434437.html
    Don't buy a Casio atomic watch! I had one that I dropped on the floor after the band unsnapped and a corner of the PLASTIC case broke off and the crystal popped out rendering it unwearable. It was still under warranty so I called Casio's toll free number. The total jerk I talked to said the case, band and crystal were not covered by the warranty and hung up. I later found out that this cheap junk is made in China like everything else Wal Mart sells. Probably contains toxic levels of Lead too.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Don't buy a Casio atomic watch! I had one that I dropped on the floor after the band unsnapped and a corner of the PLASTIC case broke off and the crystal popped out rendering it unwearable. It was still under warranty so I called Casio's toll free number. The total jerk I talked to said the case, band and crystal were not covered by the warranty and hung up. I later found out that this cheap junk is made in China like everything else Wal Mart sells. Probably contains toxic levels of Lead too.
    Mine didn't come from Walmart. Mine was made in Thailand, not China. You should have been more careful not to drop it. I've had mine since Christmas last year and havn't had a bit of trouble with it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Administrator
    I like watches and own several. Some are fancy expensive jobs, and some are low end beaters. I've been wearing my Gshock daily and giving it a beating. Its holding up fine. However, I do understand that it isnt exactly a high end piece, should I break it, I'd buy a new one.
    As for timex, I've had pretty decent luck with their customer service. A cheapy watch broke, I called on a whim and in a week or so a new one was in my mailbox.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator
    I would think that TIMEX would repair or replace it. It sure would be worth making the call to TIMEX USA or whatever their domestic location is called.
    Remember...it's supposed to "keep on ticking" and it sure ain't.

Just buy a Rolex (or 2 or 3 or 4) and you'll be all set
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

I'll mail you my old one. The battery died, and I threw it in my "junk drawer" about two years ago. As far as I know, it would still work. See, part of the reason I retired it was because I *like* analog style clocks, I just CAN'T stand the ticking, so I'm pretty sure it was working.
    Yeah I know, I'm weird.
    But you wouldn't want mine anyway, it's woman's size.
    I bet if you call they'll fix you up somehow. Good luck!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    I'll mail you my old one. The battery died, and I threw it in my "junk drawer" about two years ago. As far as I know, it would still work. See, part of the reason I retired it was because I *like* analog style clocks, I just CAN'T stand the ticking, so I'm pretty sure it was working.
    Yeah I know, I'm weird.
    But you wouldn't want mine anyway, it's woman's size.
    I bet if you call they'll fix you up somehow. Good luck!
    If you like analog but not ticking, check out Sieko's 5 series. I have one and its the cats ass IMO.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Go back to Walmart.Go to Custumer Service and tell them"I bought this watch here a while back,it quit working so I replaced the battery, and it still is not working. I would like to exchange it for one that works." I have done this with several items, no problem. Try it what do you have to lose.

'takes a lickin and keeps on tickin' like this

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Not to jump the thread too much but was that a g-shock or just a normal casio? I have two casio g-shock watches and they have both taken fairly decent amounts of abuse and I've never had a problem with either one.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    If you like analog but not ticking, check out Sieko's 5 series. I have one and its the cats ass IMO.
    I have a Guard Dog watch now, it's analog, but wearing it on my belt means that I don't hear the ticking as much. It also needs a battery.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links