School Forces Boy To Take Flag Off Bike

This is a discussion on School Forces Boy To Take Flag Off Bike within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here we go again. http://www.ksbw.com/news/25763175/detail.html w/ video SNIP "Our Hispanic, you know, kids will, you know, bring their Mexican flags and they'll display it, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School Forces Boy To Take Flag Off Bike

VIP Member

Thumbs down School Forces Boy To Take Flag Off Bike

Here we go again.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/25763175/detail.html

w/ video

SNIP
    "Our Hispanic, you know, kids will, you know, bring their Mexican flags and they'll display it, and then of course the kids would do the American flag situation, and it does cause kind of a racial tension which we don't really want," [Superintendent] Parraz said. "We want them to appreciate the cultures."
    SNIP
    BTW -- See: http://law.onecle.com/california/education/48950.html
    (a) School districts operating one or more high schools ... shall not make or enforce a rule subjecting a high school pupil to disciplinary sanctions solely on the basis of conduct that is speech or other communication that, when engaged in outside of the campus, is protected from governmental restriction by the First Amendment ....
    (b) A pupil who is enrolled in a school at the time that the school has made or enforced a rule in violation of subdivision (a) may commence a civil action to obtain appropriate injunctive and declaratory relief as determined by the court. Upon motion, a court may award attorney’s fees to a prevailing plaintiff in a civil action pursuant to this section....
    (d) This section does not prohibit the imposition of discipline for harassment, threats, or intimidation, unless constitutionally protected....
    (f) The Legislature finds and declares that free speech rights are subject to reasonable time, place, and manner regulations.
    (g) An employee shall not be dismissed, suspended, disciplined, reassigned, transferred, or otherwise retaliated against solely for acting to protect a pupil engaged in conduct authorized under this section, or refusing to infringe upon conduct that is protected by this section, the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, or Section 2 of Article I of the California Constitution.
    IMHO -- this need to be expanded to lower grades and to expressly include on school property. ALso, IMHO, time, place, and manner regulations must be unrelated to content, and focused instead on matters such as noise, blockage of hallways, and other effects of speech that don’t stem from the message that the speech communicates.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

So no wearing red white and blue on on May 5th, and no flying the flag on Veterans day. CA's public school systems never cease to amaze me.

Glock Certified Armorer

VIP Member
    Outside of the school, a large U.S. flag flies from atop a flagpole.
    And...There SHOULD be an AMERICAN flag flying High in EVERY classroom too!

The parents should sue the district to make that happen.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Once again Kommifornia is up to no good. They once again need to be reminded that this is the United States Of America not the United Countries of the World. This is not Mexico. No flag should be flown in our schools "except" the American Flag. They got it backwards. Hispanics to not have the right to fly the Mexican flag IMHO. If they love it so much, why are they fleeing by the thousands to come here. Go back home to Mexico if you're that proud of it and that offended by "our" American Flag.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

The school and surrounding habitation is a de facto enclave of Mexico and as such the American flag is not appropriate. I am surprised that the Mexicans there don't fly the Mexican flag from the school flag pool to mark their claim.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgDog View Post
    The school and surrounding habitation is a de facto enclave of Mexico and as such the American flag is not appropriate. I am surprised that the Mexicans there don't fly the Mexican flag from the school flag pool to mark their claim.
    Wrong! It is Stanislaus County, California and is part of the 14th Senate District. It is part of Denair Unified School District. The Mexican's don't own squat there!
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

GM
    Just transfer that superintendent Edward Parraz to some school in Mexico and see how he likes it. Moron!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Once again Kommifornia is up to no good. They once again need to be reminded that this is the United States Of America not the United Countries of the World. This is not Mexico. No flag should be flown in our schools "except" the American Flag. They got it back wards. Hispanics to not have the right to fly the Mexican flag IMHO. If they love it so much, why are they fleeing by the thousands to come here. Go back home to Mexico if you're that proud of it and that offended by "our" American Flag.

^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^ in bold

The trouble is , These Ilk from Mexico, The ones who have recently come here, by whatever means, and a lot of those of Mexican decent who have been here or, been born here, have taken a hardline approach to a thought, that they believe THEY are going to force THEIR way,THEIR language and THEIR culture on the people of this country, and hope to eventually somehow transform all of US into THEIR culture.
    By hook or crook.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Someone should have quietly taken Parraz aside before all of this hit the fan and kindly informed him that he was soon to be a national laughing stock. Too late now...

The trouble is , These Ilk from Mexico, The ones who have recently come here, by whatever means, and a lot of those of Mexican decent who have been here or, been born here, have taken a hardline approach to a thought, that they believe THEY are going to force THEIR way,THEIR language and THEIR culture on the people of this country, and hope to eventually somehow transform all of US into THEIR culture.
    I know someone who helped create educational materials in Namibia. These materials had to be translated into 15 different dialects so that everyone in that tiny country could understand them. Some well intentioned people in this country don't understand the value of all of us speaking one language.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

I don't live in Kalifornia but If I did, I"d be pretty peeved. My hard earned American Tax Dollars fund that American Public School. They better d*** well fly the American flag in every room in the school
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

Can not believe they made him take his AMERICAN flag off his bike, so tired of having to tip toe around flag raising, cant sing the national anthem because there might be some who feel uncomfortable. You have to get a permision slip to say the pledge allegiance, It sickens me

The First Amendment of the United States Constitution protects the right to freedom of religion and freedom of expression from government ... This Edward Parraz is Dumb *** I'll get of my soap box now.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

The fact the boy was ever told to take the flag off is pathetic and I would have been all over that school and the Principal.

The other day my oldest Son went out with me to put up our flag, while I was hanging it he asked me if I should be putting it up since it might offend someone. I promptly told him "I don't care if it does, they can come talk to me about it and try to make me take it down." I then explained to him the importance of the flag, for like the 100th time , and I think he finally gets it.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

UPDATE........

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...,2143331.story

Seems like they changed their "minds". I called but the line was busy...all day! LOL

I'll bet he could wear a Che Guevara T-shirt with no problem

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zsnake View Post
    UPDATE........

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...,2143331.story

Seems like they changed their "minds". I called but the line was busy...all day! LOL
    Parraz says the supervisor had information that Cody Alicea's safety was at risk because of the flag. Some students had complained about it and had apparently made threats”; that is so sick! If American citizens living in USA are at risk because they fly the American flag, it really has gone way too far. Nowadays exaggerated political correctness is not preventing offense and discrimination, it is undermining American culture and values.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links