Weird,Local Prosecutor Arrested Twice For DWI,In One Week

This is a discussion on Weird,Local Prosecutor Arrested Twice For DWI,In One Week within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://setxhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=121727 This is a city local to me.Has the world gone nuts?If you get arrested once,do you go right back out and do it again?...

Thread: Weird,Local Prosecutor Arrested Twice For DWI,In One Week

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Weird,Local Prosecutor Arrested Twice For DWI,In One Week

http://setxhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=121727

This is a city local to me.Has the world gone nuts?If you get arrested once,do you go right back out and do it again?

2. Remove Ads

If you live in a small town, this should be nothing new actually. The small town I lived in a few years ago had similar instances of under the influence driving while in a company vehicle....if you get my drift.
    There's bad apples everywhere. I won't point out my local headlines since I know it's everywhere. I think we can actually make a difference in voting in more responsible local officials. This may be an ongoing ordeal, but one which we should take every opportunity to correct. The world? It will continue to go in it's direction with little impact from us. The world is bigger than we are. C'est la vie.

Actually nothing surprises me out of our elected officials

Here in West Virginia, we had a now-voted-out-of-office County Commissioner try to board a small plane in Florida with a handgun in his carry-on bag.

Said he, "forgot about it being there." He had driven to FL then had to fly back for some type of emergency. And to beat all this, his WV Concealed Pistol/Revolver License was expired! He spent the night in a FL jail over that one.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Power tends to corrupt...

If I even got arrested, my job would probably be long gone...this guy still has an office to go to?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

A few years ago, our State Representative picked up 2 drunk drivings in about a year. Recently, we had one of our county judges try to outrun the cops and also was charged with DWI or some similar charge.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    This is a city local to me.Has the world gone nuts?If you get arrested once,do you go right back out and do it again?
    Addictions are like that, and they have little to do with "the world." Individuals can be completely overwhelmed by the forces of addiction. I've got an uncle who's much like this, and a former in-law. I'm sure there are a couple more in the extended family that I haven't heard of. To drinkers, drinking while attempting normal activities isn't seen as anything criminal. I'm sure that's a good part of why it continues.

The part where "the world" has gone crazy is in refusal to force correction of such problems. At some point, this guy's continued driving while drunk is likely to destroy lives well beyond his own.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I guess the thing that bothers me,isn't this one of the guys that sends people to jail for DWI? Recently,a school district employee in this same city,was caught for DWI,in a school district vehicle. The city officer that pulled the man over called the school district cops.Wouldn't you or I simply be arrested?This drunk was driven home by the cops and decided to retire.Two sets of rules I suppose.

Heck my old department we had guys that were DWI and wrecked their take home cruisers! Some of them more than once!
    It is an illness that folks seem to turn a blind eye to. There will be plenty of folks that will write it off as an isolated incident, or just a reaction to problems at work or at home. Unless someone gets killed they will just make excuses, tell them to keep a low profile and in time someone else will do something stupid and everyone will forget about this.....
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Links