Chicken wings - Page 2

Chicken wings

This is a discussion on Chicken wings within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It occurred to me that this thread is missing something 5-6- wings.JPG wings april.JPG bluecheesewings.JPG chimi & wings.JPG wings 9-20.jpg...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chicken wings

It occurred to me that this thread is missing something

5-6- wings.JPGwings april.JPGbluecheesewings.JPGchimi & wings.JPGwings 9-20.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I remember when butchers used to throw the wings & the feet away.
    That was back when stray dogs and cats ate really well.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Only two wings per bird. Add Adam Smith's "Invisible Hand" of the marketplace and voila.

Some Asian styles of preparation - Chinese and Thai - get them just the way I like: cooked thoroughly and the skin very crispy. As for Chicken feet, I got to try those once in China. It felt like gnawing on a little finger.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Speaking of chicken feet I cant even find them here anymore and I live in North Carolina where we can still get delicacies like tripe,liver pudding,head cheese,lights/lung and chitterlings.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    A wing shortage. Interesting. Do you think folks will ever steal wings, or be destined to kill over wings? Thanks to a few drunk kids and an Italian mother! I'm guessing they've got it made these days, and I figure they aint eating chicken wings any more.

I remember a thread on here not too long ago about a pizza delivery guy getting robbed at gunpoint by two thugs.

All they demanded was that the delivery guy "give up the wings."

So to answer the question, yes, someone has already taken it to step one. Killin for them hasn't begun. Yet.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Maybe they could use that "genetic manipulation stuff" and produce chickens with 4 wings.

VIP Member
    If you watch for sales, raw wings can be had (around here) for .99c a pound, regularly at 1.99 a pound, so the regular price is consistent with what Ram Rod posted.

Recently Mrs H found them at .99 cents a pound and decided to see if she could make her own hot wings. It turned out really really easy. She and I both thought making the sauce would be tricky. It wasn't. All she did was mix some ketchup, Louisiana Hot Sauce, and some cooking oil. You play around with proportions till you get what you like, but she hit it straight out of the park on the on first try. She pan fried the wings, slapped the hot sauce together, and bingo.

Her home made wings were every bit as good as the stuff at our local hot-wings restaurant, a fraction of the cost, and fun to make.

When this thread popped up I asked her how much the wings cost. That got her mind going, and guess what we are eating tonight.

Do please remember to cook all chicken well. Assume that every piece of it is full of the wee critters that give you the runs and plan on cooking them to death. That goes double and triple if you have young kids, old folks, someone who takes antacids, or have anyone with a serious illness eating at your table.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    We do make our own wings here at home seeing as its so expensive to buy a dozen from any restaurant now. I used to be a cook back in my youth, and my wife used to work at a deli, so we both had experience making them anyway.

Our favorite way is to dredge the rinsed, raw wings in a mixture of flour, salt, pepper, and paprika and then deep fry. This gives them a nice crunchy skin.
    After that, you can coat them in any sauce you want by shaking in a sealed container. I like mine with a traditional cayenne pepper sauce like Frank's (or Durkee's) Red Hot with a little butter and a splash of apple cider vinegar. My wife and kids prefer the honey wings, which is just Duck Sauce. They also like them with a thicker teriyaki sauce.
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

kpw
    I used to go to a local bar that had all you can eat wing night for $2! They quit doing that quite a while ago! I took a co-worker that just moved up here from Odessa at the time. He was disgusted that we would eat them and said they just fed them to the hogs back home. Cajun-ranch are my favorite! There ain't a self-respecting bar or pizza shop around here that doesn't serve them and they better be good because we have a whole lot of bars and pizza shops around here.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

For some super kick sauce, follow the receipe posted by PA_MATHEWS_MAN posted about 4 down. http://forums.mathewsinc.com/archery...-recipe-78706/
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

One of the main reasons I posted the question is because I now work at one of the nation's largest manufacturers of marinades and sauces that contracts for one of the nation's largest producers of chicken and chicken products. I can get samples any time, and I've got a fridge full already. I like mine hot BTW. Lip burning, nose hair twisting, sweat pouring down your forehead hot! Thing is with wings, the skin is what takes in most of the sauce, and skin on wings is tight compared to the drumsticks and thighs (which I like dark meat for my chicken).
    All you can eat wing night for $2 would be a steal IMO!

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I don't know, but dang it,, I like em.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

They (wings) are are the reason for pig's feet leaving the menu in many a bar. Come to think of it, I haven't seen any hard boiled eggs in a bar recently........
    just an old guy thinking and typing.........
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I remember when butchers used to throw the wings & the feet away.
    Some city butcher may have. But we didn't on the farm.

Quote Originally Posted by vietnamvet66 View Post
    I haven't seen any hard boiled eggs in a bar recently........
    just an old guy thinking and typing.........
    Locally we have regular pickled hard boiled eggs, the red pickled hard boiled eggs (don't know if they still use picked beet juice or just use food coloring now days), and pickled hard boiled eggs with jalapenos (my favorite).
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links