76 year old lady nearly dies protecting her Jack Russell from a dog attack

This is a discussion on 76 year old lady nearly dies protecting her Jack Russell from a dog attack within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-pit-bu...,7194028.story Jane says, "I don't know that I thought about anything, just survival. Hoping I'd make it through because the dog was out for… well, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 76 year old lady nearly dies protecting her Jack Russell from a dog attack

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-pit-bu...,7194028.story

Jane says, "I don't know that I thought about anything, just survival. Hoping I'd make it through because the dog was out for… well, he got blood. And lots of it."

Her neighbors pit-bull, Diesel, wouldn't get any blood out of Jane's dog, Jack.
    I think she needs to reevaluate her survival options.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

This 76 year old should have had an 'equalizer' with her...she wouldn't have to wait for a judge's decision.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    There are no bad dogs,only bad dog owners.Glad she survived.Unfortunately,this thread,like most others involving pit bulls,will probably turn into a debate.

Whole issue is the pit bull dog owners fault.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-pit-bu...,7194028.story

I think she needs to reevaluate her survival options.
    Can you clarify on that, please?
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Rehabilitate the dog, euthanize the owner.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Actually retsup99 I think she could have used a Judge's decision right then and there, a Taurus Judge.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    Can you clarify on that, please?
    Absolutely. Toss the pit bull his snack and get the heck out of Dodge!

If you want to survive and you're a 76 year old lady getting mauled, but you insist on protecting 'Jack" while you're getting eaten, your sense of survival is a little off kilter.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

If I read the article correctly, and I may have not, but I thought it happened at "Windsor". Not stated what state, so I again, I am "assuming" it was Windsor, Ontario.
    If that be the case, it's highly doubtful anyone closeby, has a handgun, or means of eliminating the problem, in a quick, humane manner.

VIP Member
    Man rescues woman from dog attack with shovel (he did a good job)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e81_1278864123&c=1

I didn't read the article in the OP, but I'm sure the elderly lady thought more of saving her companion pet than she did her own safety. Personally I've been in a true "survival mode" once in my life. It's a different place and you understand more clearly how knife victims wind up with defensive wounds on their hands/arms.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    There are no bad dogs,only bad dog owners.Glad she survived.Unfortunately,this thread,like most others involving pit bulls,will probably turn into a debate.
    I do agree with that!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    If I read the article correctly, and I may have not, but I thought it happened at "Windsor". Not stated what state, so I again, I am "assuming" it was Windsor, Ontario.
    If that be the case, it's highly doubtful anyone closeby, has a handgun, or means of eliminating the problem, in a quick, humane manner.

If you can't carry a gun, then carry a walking stick. A good walking stick (still 100% legal everywhere, AFAIK) will deter virtually all dogs.

I easily held off two dogs (they attacked my one dog) with a walking stick. Swung it a few times so the attacking dog(s) heard that wooshing sound, and they got the message quick. They knew it would have hurt badly if they got hit. A walking stick should be standard gear for everyone out walking their dog.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

If there are no bad dogs, why are nearly every attack by a dog perpetrated by a pit bull?
    One attacked my daughter when she was a small child. Luckily I was there, nearly cut the damn thing in half with a brush axe. I was in such a rage that this thing could have harmed my baby girl, the owner was next, but noone claimed the dog.
    When an unleashed dog comes in my yard to this day, it's dead. They become test gelatin for my loads. I'm not an animal lover who thinks they have rights. They don't. If people "love them" then keep them up.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    When an unleashed dog comes in my yard to this day, it's dead. They become test gelatin for my loads. I'm not an animal lover who thinks they have rights. They don't. If people "love them" then keep them up.
    Very glad I do not live anywhere near you.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    If there are no bad dogs, why are nearly every attack by a dog perpetrated by a pit bull?
    One attacked my daughter when she was a small child. Luckily I was there, nearly cut the damn thing in half with a brush axe. I was in such a rage that this thing could have harmed my baby girl, the owner was next, but noone claimed the dog.
    I am very sorry that your daughter was attacked. I hope she is OK both physically and emotionally. That's a very traumatic experience for anyone, let alone a child.

I have no idea where the data come from that says "nearly every attack by a dog perpetrated by a pit bull? " but they are absolutely wrong. The majority of dog bites happen by smaller dogs. But they get by with it because they are "cute" and they don't do the damage that a larger dog does. Dogs act based on two overall factors, genetic predisposition and learned behavior. Pit bulls have a genetic predisposition to be dominate, assertive and aggressive. The same is true for German Shepherds, Belgian Malinois, and Rottweiler among other breeds. Of course when people see a GSD or Malinois they think “police dog”, when they see a Pitbull they think “drug dealer” or “thug”. Saying nearly every attack is done by a Pitbull is just as accurate as saying nearly every gun attack uses a AK47. The media does that often, but then again they are often wrong.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links