Felony stop

Felony stop

This is a discussion on Felony stop within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not sure where to put this, so here it is. I've mentioned that I work in a not so great part of town, generally from ...

Thread: Felony stop

Felony stop

Not sure where to put this, so here it is.

I've mentioned that I work in a not so great part of town, generally from about 6 pm to 12 am or so. I take quite a few precautions. I have had some run in's with folks walking up and asking for money, smokes, trying to sell me stuff. One of the cashiers got the creeps from a guy today and was telling me about it. Well, about 9pm tonight I hear sirens while I am in the trailer. I get in the warehouse and hear a horn, followed by someone yelling, and I see the blue lights. At first I think they are in my parking lot, so I go to a window. They were actually in the road just outside the parking lot, about 40 yards from me. OK, no big deal. Then I realize the LEO is behind his door with gun drawn. Oh boy! Next I see the driver of the car walking backwards to the officer's car with his hands on his head. Driver gets down on his knees. The officer shuts his door, but keeps back till backup gets there. Final tally was 5 cars on scene. About 15 minutes later the wrecker shows up.

My initial response was to watch, it's like a campfire, hard not to watch. When I saw the driver being cooperative I realized it was probably going to go smoothly. But I wanted to be sure no one was going to bail out and come my way. Or that the guy was not going to start something. Once backup got there I went back to work. Just kept an eye out till everything was wrapped up.

Might try to do some poking around tomorrow and see what it was all about. Just an interesting evening in paradise.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Good of you to keep an eye out. One of the results of going to one man units at night, having to wait for backup to do a take down.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Didn't hear what it was but it's always fun to watch. If things work out I should have a package of chili spices for ya this weekend too.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    Didn't hear what it was but it's always fun to watch. If things work out I should have a package of chili spices for ya this weekend too.
    Very nice. I was about to PM you. It will go well with the misses new gear on the way. Unfortunately, my bonus slash fun money is paying for said gear. It's for a good cause though.

Guantes, I have family at the PD and know a couple of the older officers. They swing by when I need things checked out like injured homeless guys, homeless couple loitering on the sidewalk, guy trying to steal a 4 wheeler, strange stuff showing up in the parking lot, you know the usual stuff. So a few minutes out of my night is the least I can do.

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    Good of you to keep an eye out. One of the results of going to one man units at night, having to wait for backup to do a take down.
    I have to say, after driving past an interesting police stop once, any time I pass a stopped officer on the highway I ease off the gas and take a glance. My family and I were on the way home from my cousin's wedding several months back. Lonely stretch of I-40 in western Oklahoma. Suddenly we get passed by a cop doing well in excess of 100 if I had to guess. Then another. Then another.

Finally after just a couple minutes we come upon these officers with a semi truck stopped, one officer chasing a guy through a field, a couple officers with weapons drawn on a perp in a ditch and another officer clearing the area around the truck with a 12-gauge.

As fast as those officers had been driving I'm sure there was an "officer in distress" call or whatever it might be called. I felt like if we'd left but a couple minutes earlier we could have happened across the situation before backup arrived. Ever since then I like to take a peek and see what's going on. I'm not hoping to be a hero or anything, I just know that those stops can go bad real quick.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Also with that kind of drama you never know who might have hopped out of the car and is looking for a place to hide..........

Quote Originally Posted by crankinNM View Post
    Also with that kind of drama you never know who might have hopped out of the car and is looking for a place to hide..........
    Yeah, I also wanted to be sure he did not have a buddy looking for just that. From what I can gather from the local police blotter, the guy was arrested for resisting/evading arrest. There is a second report that's not published yet. I guess that's the original issue. So he had a reason to fight, just decided against it I guess.

Sponsored Links