TSA Will Work To Make Pat-Downs Less Invasive, John Pistole Says

This is a discussion on TSA Will Work To Make Pat-Downs Less Invasive, John Pistole Says within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_786517.html The head of the agency responsible for airport security, facing protests from travelers and pressure from the White House, appeared to give ground Sunday ...

Thread: TSA Will Work To Make Pat-Downs Less Invasive, John Pistole Says

TSA Will Work To Make Pat-Downs Less Invasive, John Pistole Says

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_786517.html

The head of the agency responsible for airport security, facing protests from travelers and pressure from the White House, appeared to give ground Sunday on his position that there would be no change in policies regarding invasive passenger screening procedures.

Clinton, appearing Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press," said she thought "everyone, including our security experts, are looking for ways to diminish the impact on the traveling public" and that "striking the right balance is what this is about."
    She, for one, wouldn't like to submit to a security pat-down.
    "Not if I could avoid it. No. I mean, who would?" Clinton told CBS' "Face the Nation."
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    They are just trying to mollify an angry public ahead of the big travel days this week. "Less invasive" means that invasive will continue. That they will try to find the point at which the public will give in.

I'm telling you...the first time they try to separate my kids from me so they can "screen" them privately, you will see me on the news. No way I'm letting some McDonald's reject touch my kids, much less be out of my sight. There will be words like "kid toucher" or other such words used in a very loud manner...

Someone please explain why a metal detector and bomb sniffing dogs are no longer used? Are wires no longer made of metal? Did dogs suddenly stop smelling explosives? Isn't there technology that "sniffs" for this kind of stuff?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Always "opt out".

Take the pat down.

I'm tired of being lied to about the machines. I don't need more X-rays.

Someone please explain why a metal detector and bomb sniffing dogs are no longer used? Are wires no longer made of metal? Did dogs suddenly stop smelling explosives? Isn't there technology that "sniffs" for this kind of stuff?
    Follow the money.
    RapidScan is being sold by Michael Chertoff, former head of DHS. That's like Janet Napolitano selling fence to Arizona.
    RapicScan's CEO (Depak Chopra) contributed the maximum to Obama and accompanied him to India on his recent trip (that I paid for)

Also, muslims are NEVER "randomly" selected for screening. I fly every week and I have NEVER seen a muslim pulled for additional screening.

But I am. (65 yr old white guy with 2 million FF miles who has never been to Yemen.)

I'm gonna' start carrying a bacon sandwich through security.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Perhaps if our government would not coddle the terrorists,true Americans would not be treated like criminals

Links