Bad Movie Thread!

Bad Movie Thread!

This is a discussion on Bad Movie Thread! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Armycop just started a thread about Zohan and how bad it was. That started me thinking about some of the stinkers I've seen. What's the ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bad Movie Thread!

VIP Member

Talking Bad Movie Thread!

Armycop just started a thread about Zohan and how bad it was. That started me thinking about some of the stinkers I've seen.

What's the worst movie you've ever seen? It can be a new release or an oldie.

One of the worst I ever saw was a movie called "Ghosts Can't Do It" starring Bo Derek.

Here is the review from Amazon.........

"Released a decade after 10 made Bo Derek a dubious celebrity, Ghosts Can't Do It was Bo's husband John Derek's final film as a director, and it's surely one of the worst movies ever made. Watching it will induce howls from even the most lobotomized audience, making it a top choice for bad movie parties... but are you sure you want to subject anyone to the horrors on display? Bo gets in the buff for a few minutes, but no amount of nudity can compensate for John Derek's unbelievably wretched dialogue, most of which is delivered by Bo with such blank, vacuous blandness that all you can do is sit, stunned into silence by the sheer stupidity of this vanity production.

After exploiting his trophy bride in similarly noxious movies like Tarzan, the Ape Man and Bolero, John Derek died in 1998 (at age 71), and this supernatural tripe suggests that true love reaches beyond the grave. The conceit here is that Bo's rich, much-older husband Scott (the ultra-hammy Anthony Quinn) still lusts after the hilariously distraught Katie (Bo's character) long after his suicide with a 12-gauge shotgun. But he's a ghost in need of a body to possess, so Bo embarks on a global journey to find a choice hunk of man-meat, kill him, and let Scott's spirit reap the benefits. Locations in Wyoming, Sri Lanka, the Maldive Islands, and Hong Kong do nothing to save this jaw-dropping clunker. It's a home movie made by brain-dead narcissists and should come with a disclaimer about the hazards of watching it. --Jeff Shannon"

The movie is visually stunning filmed on location in the Rockies, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka and the Maldives and is best watched with the volume off.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Till I ponder this more,I must say 'BARBRAELLA'
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Or "The Neverending Story"
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Napoleon Dynamite

Worst.
    Movie.
    Ever.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Megaforce?

"Frontier Hellcat" with Stewart Granger and Elke Sommer. Trusted indian friend shoots a flintlock like a machine gun. Granger caught by indians, tied to a stake, and must shoot arrows out of the air to survive (why didn't he shoot the indians?). House full of dynamite, bad guys, and one good guy. Shoot into the house and guess which is the only one to walk out?
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Only movie I've ever walked out of was "Rainman."
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Mall Cop. Without a doubt the worst I've ever seen. In my 55 years, it is the only flick where I've ever walked out of the theater.

Days of Thunder.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Well, there are tons of really, really bad movies out there, so I'll throw out two that were relatively big budget, with Name casts, and in a rational world wouldn't have been the steaming piles of dreck that they were/are:

88 Minutes. Terrible. TERRIBLE. You have to work pretty hard to make a movie THIS bad when you have Al Pacino as a star, but they succeeded in spades.

The Spirit was also TERRIBLE - a horrible movie in its own right, but made so much more so when you compare it to Sin City and/or 300. Even Eva Mendes and Scarlett Johansson (two of the most beautiful women in the world) can't make this thing even the least bit watchable.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I had to leave the theater after only watching about 20 mins of the transformers movie. But my all time most hated movie is The Thin Red line.
    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

I once saw a film whose name I cannot recall, in which Earth was invaded by "space vampires." By far, it was the strangest film I had ever seen. The most amazing thing was that I stayed for the whole thing. (My friends had the car keys, which is my only explanation.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    Hands down: Sleepless in Seattle.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Retarded movie.

I have heard from others that it is “the room” unfortunately I missed it again this year. One of these days. Probably the worst one I have seen ever would be “daredevil”. “Jesus Christ vampire hunter” was bad to but in a better way. Ie no budget and it went with the film and had some memorable quotes.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links