My Marriage is over

This is a discussion on My Marriage is over within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I felt as though I'd share this with everyone here on DC as I've come to think of everyone here as an extended family. the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Marriage is over

My Marriage is over

I felt as though I'd share this with everyone here on DC as I've come to think of everyone here as an extended family. the title says it all,but it goes much deeper than this for me of course. As some here know I had a lot of twists and turns and bad things happen in my marriage that lasted three years. I'm sure some of you here will remember my plight earlier this year when I was arrested due to some of the issues surrounding the my soon to ex's son and his issues. My wife asked me to leave so I moved out 5 weeks ago and got the divorce papers today.

I didn't want this and I did everything I could to try and make it work,but in the end I guess it wasn't in the cards so to speak. I'm not perfect,I have flaws and I'll freely admit that I've made mistakes in my marriage,that if I had to do them over what have chose differently. However none of that matters at this point and I have to say as odd as it may sound I'm relieved on some levels.

I know in my heart that it takes two always it does,that is how it is,but I endured shame and ridicule that I was tired of at this stage of the game. I was insulted on every level my maleness,masculinity and spiritually to name a few. I hold no ill will towards my soon to be ex,I wish her the best and we are being very amicable about the divorce,we have no kids and I don't want the house so it will be easy from a legal standpoint from here on out. Well i guess I've vented enough thanks for being there guys,I know I'll be alright in the end I'll get through this alright.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

Hang in there, "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. - Psalm 34:18"
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

VIP Member
    I remember the incident you told us about. I think most participants here felt that you were blameless and it was only a matter of time. No one should go through what you previously told us about. I hope your future is much better.

Administrator
    The doors of the past slam closed behind us while we stand in the present as a new door to the future opens wide.

Paco and Hopyard nailed it on both posts.

Sorry to hear this news. Hang in there. You're among friends here.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

May patience for the past and good humor be with you, brother, as you deal with the situation in front of you. Sounds like you did the best you could under the circumstances, and yours is not the first marriage to suffer due to "kid" issues.

I did my own time in purgatory (about 15 years) with a vindictive, argumentative spouse before my job blessedly took me from New England to AZ. Once here, I tripped over this passage from the Good Book, which gave me great comfort (Proverbs 21:19 states):

"It is better to live in a desert land than with a contentious and vexing woman."
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Feel free to vent it's good for the soul, sounds like your on the right path in getting yourself some deserved happiness here in the near future. Anybody thats a 1911Luver is ok in my book
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Hang in there. It will get easier and easier. Sometimes things like this happen for a reason. Believe me, my whole life, things didn't seem to go the way I hoped. My first marriage lasted 13 years and I was relieved when it did end. It gave me a new start. New life, in a new place, with a new wife and now I can't be happier. I'm happier than I have ever been in my life. Things happen for a reason. God has a plan! Another door will open. Mine did.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

You'll be better off without her!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    I'm not very good with words when it comes down to emotions of the soul. But hang in there, it will get better and your life will be turned around.

I remember what you were going through and I know it was rough. You did the right thing and tried even with the deck stacked against you. You can hold you head high and know that you did what you felt was right and now it's time to move on. My heart goes out to you. Stay strong and know most everyone here is a friend and will always be more than happy to let you vent.

Don't let em get you down!

I suspect that you will be happier in the near future, and a great weight will lift off of your shoulders very soon. God will watch out for you.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

GM
    I am so sorry about all this; I do know how it feels. If needed PM me.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Why are divorses expensive? They are worth it!!! You never know what the future holds. She may realise the biggest mistake and come calling.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Things will get better.As I have mentioned before,I am married to my 4th wife for 9 years now,I got lucky this time.I believe you mentioned a step-child,that is a tough situation unless you come into their lives when they are young,been there done that.My advice would be to put this behind you and be VERY careful in future relationships..I have noticed many people, and at times this would include me,use little or no logic when they choose a girlfriend or wife,it is all emotion,which is a bad method for making decisions.We investigate everything when we buy cars and homes.When we get to marriage I do not know what happens to rational thinking.This is not to put blame on you,just my random thoughts.Best wishes and feel free to vent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links