S&W and Ruger Stock Could Be A Buy

This is a discussion on S&W and Ruger Stock Could Be A Buy within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; S&W (SWHC) volume and volatility is low. Hopefully we've seen all the selling off over the last year. It might be a good time to ...

View Poll Results: S&W vs Ruger: Who's got the hot models?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • S&W

3 33.33%
  • Ruger

6 66.67%

Thread: S&W and Ruger Stock Could Be A Buy

S&W (SWHC) volume and volatility is low. Hopefully we've seen all the selling off over the last year. It might be a good time to pick up a few shares.

Ruger (RGR) is still moving up and might have more to go while their price to earnings is still below the market. Their price to sales isn't as attractive as S&W but their still making money.

Who is going to have the better selling models?

I owned Ruger many years ago and would not hesitate to buy again when I have some cash available. One of the things I liked about them back in the day was they owned the foundry where the Calloway Great Big Bertha drivers were cast. I don't know if they still do, or what other businesses S&W are currently involved in, but diversification can help smooth over some of the ups and downs that politicians can cause.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I have the Ruger convertible .22/.22mag. sgl. act. and the Super redhawk in .44mag. I believe S&W quality has declined in recent yrs. and they've had issues with their semi's. Rugers are tanks.

Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    I'm sorry, this is a no contest for me.... Smith makes some nice looking, and reasonably reliable firearms, but they are really pricey and I just like Ruger better.

The reilability is there, the price point is very competitive, and the selection is vast, Ruger hands down.

Smith did well to market Walther to America, but it isn't enough. (Though, I do want a pps 9mm so badly I can taste it, I'd never trade either of my Rugers for it)
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

Sponsored Links