Shopped at Gander Mountain For the First Time

This is a discussion on Shopped at Gander Mountain For the First Time within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Went there at Ashland, VA and it was better than expected. A variety of guns, airguns, safes, and other things. I also bought a BB ...

Thread: Shopped at Gander Mountain For the First Time

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar

Went there at Ashland, VA and it was better than expected. A variety of guns, airguns, safes, and other things. I also bought a BB pistol, which is called the "Beretta Elite II" and a replica of that Beretta 9mm pistol of that same name. Shoots 480 FPS and has a 19 rd. magazine for shooting BBs. All double action and can't be cocked. Although I plan on shooting it maybe once a year or never, I bought it mainly as a reminder of the Beretta M-9/92F (similar to it except a few differences, such as a rail for laser or flashlight) that I carried in my Navy career while on duty as part of the Naval Security Force (2000-2003) as standing Quarterdeck Watches (Officer of the Deck/Petty Officer of the Watch). I also bought a duty Level II holster from Uncle Mikes that is the exact same one the Beretta was holstered. I plan keeping the holstered Beretta Elite II in a locked chest that contained a lot of souvenirs/awards/certificates that I have attained in my lifetime.

Hi Jason, just a question! They are changing the HR218 LEOSA law to include Military Police, since you served as stated in your post, you may be eligible for this Nationwide permit, worth checking into!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Hi Jason, just a question! They are changing the HR218 LEOSA law to include Military Police, since you served as stated in your post, you may be eligible for this Nationwide permit, worth checking into!
    I only have the NEC, 9545 (Physical Security/Law Enforcement), which no longer exists anymore. Unfortunately, I am not military police or Master At Arms and an NEC is just a supplemental skill. My main specialty is Electronic Intelliegence. Otherwise, I was part of the Naval Security Police for only 3 yrs. and it was just a special assignment or duty.

VIP Member
    I don't understand how the Ashland Gander Mountain stays open. What customer base they had dried up when Bass Pro opened, and their prices aren't anything to brag about. The best thing I can say for them is that parking close to the door is never a problem!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

kpw
    I love going to our local GM and looking at the nice selection they have. I always walk out shaking my head and mumbleing about the sticker shock. Even used, the prices here are horrendous.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Ex Member
    My local Gander has some pretty good prices, and usually a god selection.

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    I love going to our local GM and looking at the nice selection they have. I always walk out shaking my head and mumbleing about the sticker shock. Even used, the prices here are horrendous.
    Your not alone, I've done the mumble trot also, it's like walking into the candy store as a kid with no money.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

I pretty much went to Gander Mountain to check out the place after I found out that there is one over in Ashland. I first heard of Gander Mountain after I received some catalogs from them, although I never ordered from them. But I did received a free gun cleaning mat by mail from them. As for the Beretta Elite II CO2 BB pistol from Umirex, I just unexpectedly saw it at the shelf and decided that it be a great replica gun to commemorate the Beretta M-9 that I carried on certain duties while in the Navy.

Sponsored Links