If You're Being Mugged, Do you Pull Out Your Weapon?

This is a discussion on If You're Being Mugged, Do you Pull Out Your Weapon? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Depends. It depends upon too many factors to even begin to list here, that to give a blanket reply to your question would be foolhardy ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: If You're Being Mugged, Do you Pull Out Your Weapon?

Depends.

It depends upon too many factors to even begin to list here, that to give a blanket reply to your question would be foolhardy and inappropriate, in my opinion. Each situation will have to play itself out, and it is what it is.

Biker

2. Remove Ads

There are a lot of depends in this thread...too many to really give much advice AFTER someone has the drop on you. You'll probably wish that your were wearing depends.
    Bark'n in post #9 makes a lot of sense.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

3D
    Please re-read post by Bark'n! . . especially the training part, and most especially the training with live partner part.

From DATD_by Guantes:
    ". . . . unless you have a lifetime of martial training and experience, you have a big problem. This problem is only magnified if you have any physical limitation or injury or your opponent recently got out of prison, where he was pumping iron and training for two or three years. I do not believe combatives or disarms would be your best option."

I emphasize the above and ask you to connect the lines of bolded text, then do some long, serious self examination. One blink of hesitation or hint of luke-warm committment from you and it's over.
    Last edited by 3D; December 6th, 2010 at 09:44 AM. Reason: add quote marks
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

I'd give him my wallet. There's nothing in my wallet worth taking a life or losing my life.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

So if someone pulls a gun on me from any direction,front,back,side,im immediately disarming as long as they are within my reach.

If they are being smart and stay out of my reach,im just hoping that they take their eyes off me so i can shoot them and get my money back.Possibly when they leave.

If were talking about an unarmed mugging with one or more thugs,just a plain old beatdown,i would have to access whether or not i can take them by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Glocksin View Post
    So if someone pulls a gun on me from any direction,front,back,side,im immediately disarming as long as they are within my reach.

If they are being smart and stay out of my reach,im just hoping that they take their eyes off me so i can shoot them and get my money back.Possibly when they leave.

If were talking about an unarmed mugging with one or more thugs,just a plain old beatdown,i would have to access whether or not i can take them by hand.
    Two questions:

1) what makes you think you can disarm them?

2) Are you saying you'd shoot just to get your money back?
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

I practice shooting at least once a weak,and im confident that i could shoot someone in a non-lethal place to get my keys or whatever back.Ive done it before.

Ive also disarmed someone before,and would not hesitate to do it again.I know that sounds like suicide,but someone dumb enough to use a long range weapon up close is not going to expect someone like me.

I practice shooting at least once a weak,and im confident that i could shoot someone in a non-lethal place to get my keys or whatever back.Ive done it before.

Ive also disarmed someone before,and would not hesitate to do it again.I know that sounds like suicide,but someone dumb enough to use a long range weapon up close is not going to expect someone like me.
    You = Gecko45

Welcome back!

Boy, that kind of attitude is gonna get you in a world of trouble. First of all, you have NO idea the military or martial arts training a mugger would have; if he shows that he only wants your money, then he is not a threat to your life. If you decide to "shoot him in a non-lethal place" just to protect your assets, you're going to prison, I promise that.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Wonder how many Bad Guys are reading these pages, same as us?
    LOL no they probably have their own forum: Criminal Acts - How to try and get away with crime.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Depends on many factors but my general answer is no. I know most of the muggers in this section donít have a habit of killing or physically harming their targets. The thing is nothing in my wallet is worth dying or killing for or having a shooting court case over.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    You = Gecko45

Welcome back!
    I am not Gecko45,i have heard that name mentioned around here.Just what do you mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHassin View Post
    Depends on many factors but my general answer is no. I know most of the muggers in this section don’t have a habit of killing or physically harming their targets. The thing is nothing in my wallet is worth dying or killing for or having a shooting court case over.
    Dude - love your pedobear avatar. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by deafdave3 View Post
    Boy, that kind of attitude is gonna get you in a world of trouble. First of all, you have NO idea the military or martial arts training a mugger would have; if he shows that he only wants your money, then he is not a threat to your life. If you decide to "shoot him in a non-lethal place" just to protect your assets, you're going to prison, I promise that.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...e-doesn-t-work.
    Thats all i have to say about that.

VIP Member
    My god Glocksin we are so glad to have you as a member here with your super ninja, combat gunfight experience you will educate us all.

Please oh please elaborate on your experiences regarding disarming techniques and shootouts you have been in.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links