My friend was arrested for following a police officers orders???

This is a discussion on My friend was arrested for following a police officers orders??? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'll try to make this short. My friend fired a bartender at his bar he owns. It's a nice sports bar. The fired bartender in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My friend was arrested for following a police officers orders???

I'll try to make this short. My friend fired a bartender at his bar he owns. It's a nice sports bar. The fired bartender in retaliation contacted the Oklahoma County Sheriff's office and said he was selling meth out of the bar. I don't think he went to the City of Choctaw Police because they wouldn't have believed it. The police are there constantly there to watch over the place (small town, I can walk in and run into 100 people I know), they don't hassle you unless you are being stupid. The Sheriff's came to search, my friend wasn't happy and was a little defensive (verbally), they told him to wait outside until they were done. They found nothing. This guy isn't the type, wife, kids, National Guard and works at Tinker Air Force Base. He had been drinking before they came, they in turn arrested him for public intoxication.. Just curious how everyone else felt about it because he was following the officer's order.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

Sounds like there is much more to the story than that. I don't think the LEO were the only ones that might have been showing off their rear ends. Were the police there under a search warrant? Did he give them permission to search?
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Was the bar open or closed when they came and ordered him outside?
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I believe it was open but empty. Only him and employee's.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

I didn't ask about the warrant, from what I got a warrant was in affect.

I don't think that's the whole story, so I won't comment.

What you're relating here may have been the whole story YOU got from your friend, but I don't think it's the complete story.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

If the bar was open, he could have been arrested for public intoxication inside as well as outside, so it makes no difference.

Ok, let's say you were not inviting to the police but they have a warrant. You comply with the officer's request. There's no law thats says you have to like it. They find nothing. He didn't show physical force. Do you think it was a case of not using common sense, on the part of both parties? Does that constitute an arrest especially when the officer ordered him outside?

IF he was arrested, that constitutes and arrest. IF the charge was valid is determined by the the courts.

Intoxication and work are not a great mix...IMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I agree, if I owned a bar I wouldn't drink while working. I actually don't drink at all since I received my CWL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I don't think that's the whole story, so I won't comment.

What you're relating here may have been the whole story YOU got from your friend, but I don't think it's the complete story.
    I have to agree. I think your friend is leaving out a few key points to you. I would suggest your friend get hooked up with a lawyer.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

I don't know... I've seen it where an LEO did things ... just because they wanted to show they did "something" while there. But even if his friend did make comments, it's his bar.... with Sheriff there under false accusations.... I think I sure would have a LOT TO say..... and I don't think we've lost the right to "speak" yet. And , it's not a crime.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I don't think we speak up enough.

Not sure if it works this way in all locations, but as a condition of obtaining a license to sell alcohol, he may have agreed (in the fine print) to allow officers the ability to search the licensed premises without a warrant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links