I can't wait to see how the TSA screens for this.

This is a discussion on I can't wait to see how the TSA screens for this. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-bombers.html Al Qaida discussing implanted explosives, undetectable by "grope and e-strip."...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't wait to see how the TSA screens for this.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

I can't wait to see how the TSA screens for this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-bombers.html

Al Qaida discussing implanted explosives, undetectable by "grope and e-strip."
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

I actually think the scanners or a pat down would have a decent chance of detecting this for a number of reasons. Including the fact that it would need to be near the surface, as stated in the article.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

But the millimeter wave scanners don't go past the skin. Traditional X-rays will, but the body scanners being put into use now would not detect this unless someone had a really awkward bulge in their skin or something.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

That's easy... develop C4 microwave detonators. Harmless to the human body yet creates the right frequency to cause the explosive to detonate. Of course this would require a contained area as it could get messy if you catch someone. Really, really messy.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    That's easy... develop C4 microwave detonators. Harmless to the human body yet creates the right frequency to cause the explosive to detonate. Of course this would require a contained area as it could get messy if you catch someone. Really, really messy.
    Or better yet how bout we just take the gloves off with the countries that sponsor terrorism. I say we go old school and flatten a few cities like we did in WW2. Lets start with Tehran and Kabul and work from there.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Or better yet how bout we just take the gloves off with the countries that sponsor terrorism. I say we go old school and flatten a few cities like we did in WW2. Lets start with Tehran and Kabul and work from there.
    Amen to that. I'm way past trying to be the responsible parent to every 3rd world country.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    An attack like that would encourage even more terrorists to be recruited. Problem would get worse instead of better.

I say we get out of their country, off their land and leave them alone. How would America like it if we were occupied by Iraq? Imagine they invaded America and built permanent military bases and now occupy the land. Look at how many countries we do that to. Let's take care of our own home land and stop invading other countries. They don't like it and neither would we.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    An attack like that would encourage even more terrorists to be recruited. Problem would get worse instead of better.

I say we get out of their country, off their land and leave them alone. How would America like it if we were occupied by Iraq? Imagine they invaded America and built permanent military bases and now occupy the land. Look at how many countries we do that to. Let's take care of our own home land and stop invading other countries. They don't like it and neither would we.
    We won't be able to afford it for much longer anyway. We're going to have to start choosing between Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, and Defense. The national debt almost doubled in the last 2 years. It's not sustainable.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Some nut job will always find a way. I like the microwave idea if they can't take anyone with them there efforts will exhaust to find new alternative ways of terrorism. I'm really surprised they just don't come up from Mexico.

VIP Member
    Don't the 'mules' swallow balloons of coke? Couldn't they just substitute an explosive?

Get ready to be pinched...

Distinguished Member

Miss Fox, per our new security procedures, I will have to inspect every inch of your body for implanted explosives.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Amen to that. I'm way past trying to be the responsible parent to every 3rd world country.
    Therein lies the problem--us acting as if we are responsible for every 3rd-world country. If they want to wear bukas and stone people, so be it ... on their turf.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post

Miss Fox, per our new security procedures, I will have to inspect every inch of your body for implanted explosives.
    Keep tempting me and ill join the TSA.

I don't think I'll waste any time worring about it. I have no intentions to do any flying.......LOL
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links