Calling all members: I could use your help.

This is a discussion on Calling all members: I could use your help. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hello everyone! I would like to begin by saying that I have received permission from Bumper to post this. My name is Emily Karakis. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all members: I could use your help.

Calling all members: I could use your help.

Hello everyone!

I would like to begin by saying that I have received permission from Bumper to post this.

My name is Emily Karakis. I am an active member on the forum. I am also a senior psychology student at the University of Akron. I have the opportunity to conduct a research project that I designed this year and I am looking for participants.

I am examining men's expression of emotions and the way that it affects relationship satisfaction. The study is completed online. It consists of 96 questions and is expected to take between 30 and 45 minutes to complete at your convenience.

In exchange for your participation you will have the opportunity at the end of the survey to enter your name and e-mail address to be entered into a raffle for a chance to win a $100 Best Buy gift card. The winner will be notified at the conclusion of my study (March/April 2011). This is completely optional.

Answers to the questions and your contact information will be stored separate from each other in password protected computer files. All answers will be anonymous and contact information will remain confidential.

I am asking that participants be males over the age of 18 and in some sort of romantic relationship.

If you are interested in participating and/or would like more information, please private message me.

I would really appreciate your participation in this study. Conducting my own study is something I have always wanted to do and I can't do it without everyone's help.

Thank You!
    -Emily

This study has been reviewed and approved by the Institutional Review Board at the University of Akron. I am working under the supervision of Dr. Ronald Levant, levant@uakron.edu)

2. Remove Ads

PM sent...
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Sorry, I can't participate in a survey about romantic relationships.... I'm married
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Just for the other members, I did it, there doesn't appear to be anything sinister at work. All the contact info for the professor and stuff checks out, you can research it too. You don't need to give up any personal info unless you want to get registered for the drawing.

Just thought I would throw that out there, as I think as a community we usually do a good job in helping our members out when they ask.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

A romantic relationship? What's that? Seriously though, I wish you the best in your research project.

Distinguished Member Array mavrik46's Avatar
    pm sent
    Greg

It's not what you go thru in life, but how well you go thru it.

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Sorry, I can't participate in a survey about romantic relationships.... I'm married
    LOL, I like that tag line.
    PM sent
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Distinguished Member
    PM out

Everyone,
    Thank you so much for all of your help! I really do appreciate it. Getting enough participants to make the statistical analysis work isn't easy. Especially in a study like mine when I cannot necessarily use the usual study population (introduction to psychology kids) because I need men who tend to hold more traditional male values. What better place then a pro-2A forum .

Distinguished Member
    What better place, indeed!

Just finished the survey. Happy to help and good luck!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Just for the other members, I did it, there doesn't appear to be anything sinister at work. All the contact info for the professor and stuff checks out, you can research it too. You don't need to give up any personal info unless you want to get registered for the drawing.

Just thought I would throw that out there, as I think as a community we usually do a good job in helping our members out when they ask.
    I didn't think Marines were allowed to have feelings. I thought if you were supposed to have something The Corps would issue it to you. :)
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Finished this morning, good luck with you study.
    IGNORANT=NEEDS EDUCATION

STUPID=WELL YOU CANT FIX THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I didn't think Marines were allowed to have feelings. I thought if you were supposed to have something The Corps would issue it to you. :)
    I know, I had to make sure my small segment of the population was represented.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

PM sent.
    Libertas Vel Mors

enk5,
    will the 'results' of your study/survey/research be made availiable when it's completed and/or published?

I have not participated yet but I will be when my office clears out a little ;)
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links