Electronic Cigarettes? Anyone use these?

This is a discussion on Electronic Cigarettes? Anyone use these? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey everyone, I am one of those smokers. I actually just started trying out those electronic cigarettes, anyone else do so and what are you ...

Thread: Electronic Cigarettes? Anyone use these?

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar

Electronic Cigarettes? Anyone use these?

Hey everyone, I am one of those smokers. I actually just started trying out those electronic cigarettes, anyone else do so and what are you opinions. Im currently using a disposable Krave model. Its pretty good and has lasted me 2 days thus far.

So what are peoples thoughts on them and reactions to them?
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

2. Remove Ads

Just gonna' get electronic cancer...might as well quit 'cold turkey'...you CAN do it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I am happy to say I have been smoke free since November 10th. Cold turkey! You can do it!

I am actually just getting through my 4th day "cold turkey". Have wrestled that monkey for many years, quitting for months, and even a year! Still went back to them... Used the patch last time, and was off them from April till August, when I got stupid and started smoking a pipe, then a cigar, then, thats right a Marlboro.
    I was curious about the E- Butts, but with my nature, it would be the same muscle memory/habit thingy, and I would be back on the hacks... Good luck to you though, stick to it! And like I say "Never Quit Quitting!!!!
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Actually Im not trying to quit, I just want something that I can enjoy in places that are [No Smoking]. Its Nicotine , flavoring, and water; so its better and actually helps me like a cigarette does. I have small tremor/ twitches and the only thing that helps is smoking, this way is safer and lets me still enjoy it. Gums, Patches, and other things just didnt work, and had horrible side effects. Plus I figure now I can get under 10 minute 1.5 mile runs.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Distinguished Member
    Not a smoker, so can't help you there, but good luck none-the-less!

And those electronic things are a godsend for people like me. The merest hint of cigarette smoke gives me terrible headaches.

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Here's a diffrent take on those........
    As of Dec. 31st, smoking will no longer be allowed on U.S. Submarines (I'm a 18 year submariner). When I joined up there were ashtreys everywhere onboard, but for many moons most sub have one spot designated for smoking. With the new policy about to take affect, a whole bunch of sub sailors started with the eletric thingy's......and the Navy squashed it....gum or patches, that's it. The reason being was that those eletric cigs are, for the most part, unregulated and many of the ingredientes are untested and considered as bad or worse than actually smoking. I haven't looked this up myself but the FDA hasn't really placed these compinies under it's thumb yet.

Best advice I can give is look-up what's in those things and then research your findings. An educated decision is worth it.

.....and Bravo Zulu for making the effort to give that habit up!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Links