Military Police Training?

This is a discussion on Military Police Training? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife is worried,as mother's always are.My 21 year old step-son is about to enter the Army.He has signed up for Military Police.One of my ...

Thread: Military Police Training?

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

My wife is worried,as mother's always are.My 21 year old step-son is about to enter the Army.He has signed up for Military Police.One of my brothers was an M.P. in the early 1970's.My brother said the training was more severe than regular basic.Is this still the truth?I believe the boy will do fine,just looking for some input to calm her nerves,Thanks

They're pansies compared to the early 70's. They can't even kick you anymore. There will be as many women in the class as men, and if a guy can't handle it, he shouldn't be there!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    They're pansies compared to the early 70's. They can't even kick you anymore. There will be as many women in the class as men, and if a guy can't handle it, he shouldn't be there!
    I heard that from several different people.My future son in law is a career Air Force guy.He said the military is much more sophisticated than 40 years ago,and things are very different.I told my wife,if for some reason he did not make it in this,I am sure they have some other job.He may like it,he is the quiet type, rarely gets upset or emotional.That may work to his advantage.

Military police training in any branch of the service can not hurt you. I started out as an AP in the Air Force, later they switched it to SP. That was the only reason I made in onto the Delaware State Police, in spite of my size. I was the smallest Trooper in Delaware for about 4 years. It was my military police training and service that got me that job!
    Last edited by Hiram25; December 17th, 2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: spelling
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Thanks for the answers.

Yes the basic is more "intense" than say going to Ft. Jackson (Relaxing in Jackson) or Ft. Sil (All MP training is held at Ft. Leonerdwood, MO), but if he's use to doing outdoor things, likes exercising, etc he'll do just fine.

Tell him thank you for choosing to serve, and in the MP field! If he gets in a good unit, he'll really enjoy it. :)
    When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend. - US Marine Corps

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    My wife is worried,as mother's always are.My 21 year old step-son is about to enter the Army.He has signed up for Military Police.One of my brothers was an M.P. in the early 1970's.My brother said the training was more severe than regular basic.Is this still the truth?I believe the boy will do fine,just looking for some input to calm her nerves,Thanks
    Basic Training isn't at all difficult these days.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Sponsored Links