Delta Airlines!!! Again!!!

This is a discussion on Delta Airlines!!! Again!!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK Rant mode ON! Over the Thanksgiving holiday my army girl was coming home for the first time in 4 years for turkey day with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta Airlines!!! Again!!!

Angry Delta Airlines!!! Again!!!

OK Rant mode ON!

Over the Thanksgiving holiday my army girl was coming home for the first time in 4 years for turkey day with family. At the airport in time her flight but guess what it left 30 minutes early stranding her for over 24 hours, missing Thanksgiving with the family, missing her black Friday shopping, missing several other events, the airline DELTA....

Different airport at the terminal today several hours early for her flight home for Christmas leave. She has damaged her knee and is wearing a metal knee brace, between bad check in and security that screwed around excessivley, and again her flight left 30 minutes early guess what... She is currently stranded at the airport trying to get a flight home.....

So thanks Delta for (no I will not use the adjectives I want to, but feel free to use your imagination of what I would like to say) ROYALLY MESSING UP MY DAUGHTER LEAVE AGAIN, robing her of her time home with family and friends, leave time, would not get her a wheel chair to help her to her flight, would not call and tell them to hold, and then left early....

Yeah I have a bucket load of 4 letter adjectives I could express about how I feel now!!!

Feel free to pass this on!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Delta is circling the drain. What airport is she at? Perhaps some members can work pull some local strings. Also, don't be afraid to take advantage of USO or Red Cross. They help out a great deal. You might even get lucky and find somebody who knows how to work the system to get her home.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Injured soldier home on leave for the Holiday, stranded at an airport? You better believe there are some of us who would help.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Definately have her see what the USO can do. For some reason flights on leave always seem to get screwed up. I've had good luck with American, they are pretty military friendly.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Stop using Delta Airlines.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Interesting. In the 55 + years that I have been an airline customer (since about 11 or 12 of age) I thought I'd seen it all, but never experienced a flight that left 30 minutes EARLY? That is almost bizarre. Twice? Twice as bizarre.

Don't know what you can do, but leaving late is understandable. Leaving early and stranding passengers I can't understand.

Nowadays lots of airlines print boarding passes with instructions that you need to be at the gate 30 minutes before departure and yes, you can lose your seat if you aren't there. Is that what occurred? Denied boarding because of not getting to the gate by the specified time? It isn't right, but that is at least printed out for you. Just leaving 30 minutes early, that's something else and just plain weird. An on coming imminent severe storm is about the only potential reason I can think of for that move. And, as I said, I have never experienced anything like that.

Good luck to both of you. Good luck getting some satisfaction from our wonderful de-regulated do-as-they-wish airlines.

Distinguished Member
    That's terrible. I hope your daughter gets home soon.

Sorry about that news...hope you still enjoy the Holidays.

Which airport, GR, Lansing, or Metro?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Been on the cell to her, and she did hit up the USO, not all airports have them, Tucson did not the Denver does. But I have over my stints at the airport had several flights leave early, fortunately I was on board, once they are full then it is in the Q and bye bye birdie. Apparently Delta has a bad rep for over booking and in both cases I highly suspect this was the reason they could depart early (aka they can get more $$$ for the seat).

Just got a call N more bad news they just unloaded her make up flight, mechanical problems, now she may not be in until tomorrow!

So far I have contacted both my US Senators, Representative in the House, Delta, the paper, and TV station, did I miss anyone?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Definately have her see what the USO can do. For some reason flights on leave always seem to get screwed up. I've had good luck with American, they are pretty military friendly.
    I usually try to fly American. They always upgrade military to first class for free when the seats are available (or, at least they did; been about 2 years since I flew commercial). They also usually give military their snacks free (the box version that they charge for).
    I know that doesn't help now, but may be good for future reference.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

I have never heard of a flight leaving on time, much less 30 minutes early...
    However, one time my friend was just under 30 minutes when he tried to check in. He wasn't checking any luggage and it was a small airport so he didn't think he had to be there early. By the time he got there, they had given his seat to someone else and on top of that they charged him $200 for changing his ticket... I think he was to blame for not being on time (I think most airlines post this on their tickets), but I think it's wrong to charge extra to change the ticket when they were able to fill the seat. The airlines will do anything to make a buck these days, except give good customer service.

VIP Member
    In seventeen+ years of work as an Air Traffic Controller I have never seen a commercial jet leave 30 minutes early. Never, not once.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Unbelievable that an airline carrier would give such poor treatment to a military member of its own country. That is plain outrageous! Will she have to spend the night at the airport or did they at least give her a place to stay? Perhaps someone on the forum can help her out locally or pull some strings to get her home ASAP. For how many days is she currently on leave for?
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I've never had a flight leave early,ever.It sounds like with all the TSA Security stuff,that she may of got to the gate late,and they boarded a stand-by passenger in her place.Standby passengers are usually airline employees and friends that get cheap or free flying,but only if they have extra seats.I haven't flown on delta in years
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    In seventeen+ years of work as an Air Traffic Controller I have never seen a commercial jet leave 30 minutes early. Never, not once.
    I also am incredulous that a flight would depart 30 minutes BEFORE scheduled depature. I'm not even sure they could have contacted Clearance Delivery to file the plan that early!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links