So I had a heck of a surprise Saturday....

This is a discussion on So I had a heck of a surprise Saturday.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A surprise for my girlfriend that is! She knew it was coming at some point, but not when or where. I managed to successfully throw ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I had a heck of a surprise Saturday....

Talking So I had a heck of a surprise Saturday....

A surprise for my girlfriend that is!

She knew it was coming at some point, but not when or where. I managed to successfully throw her off my trail though and had her convinced I was not going to do it Saturday. We had already planned to go out with a couple close friends (who are also dating) and I recruited them to help me out.

Saturday morning I went to pick her up and we went to the gun range for a little fun and so she could shoot a 9mm she's thinking about buying. We grabbed lunch afterward and saw Voyage of the Dawn Treader (good movie by the way. She said they didn't follow the book completely but I haven't read it so I enjoyed it.) that afternoon. We did a little Christmas shopping and then went to dinner with our friends before heading to a big Christmas lights display where this happened:

My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

I am assuming she accepted. Congratulations.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

congratulations!

Distinguished Member
    Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I am assuming she accepted. Congratulations.
    Why yes she did.

I suppose I should also mention that she wants to get her license to carry, and I didn't even have to convince her! The first time I met her was through mutual friends. We went out with a group to see a movie for a buddy's birthday and she mentioned that she was wanting to get her license. School is preventing her from doing it currently, but in time...
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Congratulations and best wishes and blessings on your new engagement!!!! I got married 4 months ago and it was the best decision of my life.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Congrats, I actually just got engaged myself. Best of luck and wishes on it.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Congratulations!

Arn't you just a little stinker.......
    Hope she answered in the affirmitive!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Congratulations and many happy days to come!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Congratulations! I just got married in July and remember how hard it was to keep the proposal a surprise. That is awesome that she wants to join you in the concealed carry lifestyle. Best of luck to you both.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Congratulations I hope your future is filled with love and happiness. I'm glad you got down on one knee as it should be. I'm glad she said yes adn hope her father did too.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    I'm glad she said yes adn hope her father did too.
    About that.... Does anyone know a good place to purchase Level III body armor?

My blog

Why a diamond, a Glock would have been a real deal maker!!!!
    Congrats to the both of you.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Why a diamond, a Glock would have been a real deal maker!!!!
    Congrats to the both of you.
    Haha, neither of us are particularly fond of Glocks. To each their own right? She likes a Kahr CW9 she got to shoot Saturday and I'm probably going to help her out getting it.
    My blog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links