Getting close to home: Daylight burglaries have progressed to home invasion

This is a discussion on Getting close to home: Daylight burglaries have progressed to home invasion within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.tidewaternews.com/2010/12...d-at-his-home/ This phantom has hit about 20 houses in the last couple months in the Windsor, VA area. The latest was closest to my home, ...

Thread: Getting close to home: Daylight burglaries have progressed to home invasion

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

http://www.tidewaternews.com/2010/12...d-at-his-home/

This phantom has hit about 20 houses in the last couple months in the Windsor, VA area. The latest was closest to my home, about 2 miles away. His MO has been to wait for the occupants to leave for work, then do a quick hit and run of contents. Jewelry, cash, guns, electronics, etc. Last week he got scared off by a homeowner. Now he has robbed a homeowner at gunpoint. Often my house LOOKS empty when I leave, and vice versa, but an armed parent and young kids are inside.

Fair notice Mr. Gremlin: Stay away from my house!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

You cannot typically tell whether my house in unoccupied or occupied, either. Cars get parked in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    http://www.tidewaternews.com/2010/12...d-at-his-home/

This phantom has hit about 20 houses in the last couple months in the Windsor, VA area. The latest was closest to my home, about 2 miles away. His MO has been to wait for the occupants to leave for work, then do a quick hit and run of contents. Jewelry, cash, guns, electronics, etc. Last week he got scared off by a homeowner. Now he has robbed a homeowner at gunpoint. Often my house LOOKS empty when I leave, and vice versa, but an armed parent and young kids are inside.

Fair notice Mr. Gremlin: Stay away from my house!
    There have been several home invasions which led to murder in a few of the surronding counties where I live. Sad times.
    My heroes are Veterans and My Father (who was a veteran).

I believe prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance should have REMAINED in schools, and the Ten Commandments should have REMAINED in schools, courthouses, and everywhere else it was before the ACLU got involved.

VIP Member
    It happens everywhere. A few days ago someone tried to get into a home about a mile from us by cutting the screens. It was near high noon, and the BG didn't know someone was home and had called the police. BG was from quite some ways away. I'll guess he was in town to visit a friend or relative and thought he'd do his thing here instead of 60 miles from here.

Some folks just don't realize how much they help the bondsman make lots of money. They try to steal a used LCD tv that will get them a few bucks if they can find a buyer, and they end up either sitting in jail for months or paying the bondsman way more than the tv could ever fetch. Someone needs to teach these folks some basic economics. You can't make money when the cost of production exceeds the sale price.

A bondsman is cheaper in some respects than a mortician.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    A bondsman is cheaper in some respects than a mortician.
    But not nearly as useful.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

One robbery in my neighborhood on Monday. 2 home invasions on Tuesday. All daytime, early afternoon.

It's hitting too close to home for my wife. The wifey is Anti-Gun, but that seems to be faltering.

The 6 patrol cars blocking the entrance & inside our subdivision caused concern to the wife. The officer, parked in our driveway, said the bad guy is hunkered down in a backyard on my street. The police surrounded the neighborhood and were waiting for the BG to pop up. This news really got my wife's attention. The officer told my Wife, "You have the right to protect your Family. I suggest you use whatever means gives you the greatest advantage to achieve that goal."

In total, 3 seperate officers told my wife to protect her family with whatever means necessary. That really was a turning point for her.

BG got away.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    http://www.tidewaternews.com/2010/12...mitted-in-iow/

Burglars are kicking in the doors of homes and stealing flat screen TVs, guns and jewelry, the Sheriff’s Office reported. The suspects are apparently knocking on the door of a home and asking strange questions when someone answers. When they get an answer, they leave.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Had a fella knock on my door at lunch time today. He didn't really fit the description of a hay buyer but he wasn't fond of dogs it looked like. Hope he wasn't checking the place out. The good news is he wouldn't have been able to see anything. I'll edit this later if I get home and all my stuff is gone.

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Daytime B&Es have been around for quite some time - right after some enterprizing thief realized that everyone has gone to work and the house probably was devoid of human life. In the case of druggies, they don't care if you are home or not.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

I am greatly angered each time I think that some individual is AT WORK and some dirtbag who won't work is busy breaking into the working man's home to clean him out.
    This is where I think that 'stuff' is important, at least more important than the dirtbag's life who is willing to take it.
    I guess I've just got some strange personal thinking about this. Repeat offenders who become dead offenders can't continue to break in to steal stuff or harm people who may be home when they break in.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    Had a fella knock on my door at lunch time today. He didn't really fit the description of a hay buyer but he wasn't fond of dogs it looked like. Hope he wasn't checking the place out. The good news is he wouldn't have been able to see anything. I'll edit this later if I get home and all my stuff is gone.
    And they probably not fond of him. Your place is safe.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Thanks Hop, your right he didn't like the two dogs standing beside me, my heeler with his hair raised in a low growl and the "hay buyers" eyes got real big when he saw the .40 on my hip. Everything was in place when I got home so that was good. I just don't get very many visitors out my way and the ones I do call first.

Sponsored Links