Self Defense data and statistics

This is a discussion on Self Defense data and statistics within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am putting together a presentation for my company for personal self defense and would like to solicit some of the great info banging around ...

I am putting together a presentation for my company for personal self defense and would like to solicit some of the great info banging around in many of your heads.

This presentation will not actually discuss firearms other than to list them as a tool along with mace, hands/feet, purses, etc. It will be presented by my Sr. Instructor (TKD and Krav) and myself. Any good data and links would be greatly appreciated.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    I have no data of the sort you are seeking, but I have one suggestion that you be certain to mention to those listening.

Don't stop to admire your work!!!

I've heard a couple of stories where folks with some MA training were attacked, put the assailant on the ground, then stood there admiring what they had done while the BG jumped up and finished the job. Combos and finish are as important as resisting in the first place. The job ain't done till the assailant is too hurt to continue, flees, or you are able to flee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I have no data of the sort you are seeking, but I have one suggestion that you be certain to mention to those listening.

Don't stop to admire your work!!!

I've heard a couple of stories where folks with some MA training were attacked, put the assailant on the ground, then stood there admiring what they had done while the BG jumped up and finished the job. Combos and finish are as important as resisting in the first place. The job ain't done till the assailant is too hurt to continue, flees, or you are able to flee.
    Yup, that is already a bullet point. In my Krav class the word of the month is "Disengage", even at 6' 235 I'm leaving as soon as I can.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    I would think local and state L.E. agencies and maybe the F.B.I. could have the info.

Administrator
    You could possibly some time talking about "Pre-Incident Indicators" which goes a step beyond typical "situational awareness" in that watching out for specific similar characteristics, clues, "body language" and tell-tale actions can greatly aid in the prediction of a possible potential deadly threat - which allows avoidance to be the very first and most preferred self-defense action. Most of them you probably already know.

You can probably find a few decent articles covering those indicatiors in good detail by doing a Google search on pre-incident indicators assault attack...etc.

I'm off to spend some time w/ family.

Not being cocky,situational awareness.I see too many people trying out Desert Eagles for edc,people showing off their guns oc and being cocky about it."Hey,i have a gun.I can protect you." Focusing on the mindset is just as important as the physical skills.

Also,knowing how to fight in groups,i.e,a few friends vs gang.

Sorry about not having any information links,but this is just from my personal experience.

Links