Security system shut down..........

This is a discussion on Security system shut down.......... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Christmas is over and Max and dad are pooped ! photo.jpg...

Thread: Security system shut down..........

Cool Security system shut down..........

Christmas is over and Max and dad are pooped !

photo.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

Kinda reminds me of Lucky,had to put her to sleep July 3rd,I'm just about ready to go looking at the Animal shelter for a new friend.Nothing like the unconditional love a dog will give
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Great pic, OS.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Kinda reminds me of Lucky,had to put her to sleep July 3rd,I'm just about ready to go looking at the Animal shelter for a new friend.Nothing like the unconditional love a dog will give
    Especially a shelter dog.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Max is a rescue dog who lost all but one of his 7 siplings to parvo. He is blind in his right eye from that. I had to put my "Lucky" down in September after 10 years of loyal unconditional love, he too was a rescue doberman.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Hey, duk. I thought I'd share something with you that my daughter wrote right after she had her dog Lucky put down last year. The catfish reference is about how the dog somehow managed to catch a live catfish and deposit at the front door.

" So long....And Thanks for the catfish?

I debated about a subject/title. Turns out, even in times like these, I'm a nerd with a strange sense of humor.

Alternative title: Eulogy for an Old Friend

It's weird. The things you think about when that time comes. Focus on the good times, the misspent youth, the odd adventures. That's what you tell yourself, and maybe that's what you do. But you still cry. You still miss them. You still look for that old friend that you know is gone. But you still look, still wait for the familiarity of life. Know you will be disappointed, but you do it anyhow. Because you don't want to forget.

And some say a dog is just a dog. If that is the case, she was no dog. Anything but.She was a not-so scary guardian, a rebel, a nomad, a clown, and always, a friend, but not a dog.

I could always tell when she was the guilty party. There was that look in her eye, that "whoops I've been caught" gaze that told me everything. And then came the self punishment. Yep, she would send herself to a corner and wait out the storm. Didn't have to raise your hand or even your voice (Not that I would). She always knew better, just chose the alternative path.

It's not even that she wasn't well trained. She knew her basics, knew what was expected of her. I said stay, she listened, then considered her options. Then she jumped into the pond anyway, because she wanted to.

It was she that kept the boys in line, made sure the floor outside my room was always warm, kept an eye on the doors when no one was home.She was always ready for another adventure, didn't care where life took her, as long as the top was down or the windows were open so she could feel the breeze.

I'm not going to recount all of our misadventures, that would be long winded and no one would read it anyway. But I will say that she was the only constant in my life for a very long time, the only one I could always count on.

It's give and take, you know? Having a dog. Not a sacrifice, but so very close. It's time, resources, emotional real estate that can never be reclaimed. But, having a dog is no sacrifice. No, I didn't give up a thing. I gave her 16 years and in return she gave me a lifetime. The best of barter, folks.

Ain,t life grand?"

Written by Jennifer

Cute pic, I love dogs, too!
    I'm actually debating with the wife at the present time to get dog #2. Our Rhodesian Ridgeback had to be put to sleep after only 7 years with us...best dog we ever had and one of the toughest things I've had to do in a long time.
    Right now we have our 18 month old Irish Wolfhound, and she's a loving girl. I have sort of thought of another RR, but I'm also interested in a running buddy, so adopting a greyhound is at the top of the list.
    Not sure how the compromise for the new dog will go...her (the domestic general) idea of a compromise is 'her way', mine is my way...we'll see what the future may bring.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Christmas is over and Max and dad are pooped !

photo.jpg

It looks to me like you guys were both in Condition ZZZZZZZZ.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

I trimmed my 2 dogs, and they are so happy... prancing around thinking they are "pretty" now...... and cozying up .... I think Christmas and then the trim wore them out.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links