What are your New Years Eve plans?

This is a discussion on What are your New Years Eve plans? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm just staying in, quiet evening with my dogs. I prefer to avoid all the amateur drunks at parties and on the road....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your New Years Eve plans?

Distinguished Member

What are your New Years Eve plans?

I'm just staying in, quiet evening with my dogs. I prefer to avoid all the amateur drunks at parties and on the road.

2. Remove Ads

Take out dinner and movies at home. Ain't nothin on the outside of my door but trouble waiting to happen.

Surf and turf, scalloped potatoes, champagne, and the gal in something slinky.

You do the math.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Too cold to go outside, so staying inside with a fire and my wife.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Two thick and juicy rib-eyes on the grill, with instant mashed potatoes on the side. Two or three pre-recorded issues of 'Bones' to watch, and things I won't mention here out of respect. Popcorn is a possibility.

Mrs.GSB is sick and the young'uns are at thier grandmothers........so I'm just gonna chill here at the ranch, play with the Wii Santa got the kids, watch some movies, and maybe hang out here at DCC for a bit.
    Since my wife's hurting pretty good (galstones and kindey stones) I'll not partake of anything. We DID have a date planned.........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Moderator
    Patrol from 11 PM to 7 AM.

It could go from not receiving a single dispatch to non stop action where I barely have time to eat. One never can tell...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

It could go from not receiving a single dispatch to non stop action where I barely have time to eat. One never can tell...
    Best wishes to you for a quiet night and easy night/morning. Stay safe.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Working :(
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

VIP Member

I'll never forget, back in the late 70's working a shift with the local PD on New Years Eve. I was riding shotgun with this guy patrolling a neighborhood, and within a very short period of time, I became acutely ill with some sort of stomach bug, all of this right before midnight. I tried and tried to suppress it thinking the feelilng would pass, but with stomach churning and upper pressure's it became too much.

While we were at a stop sign, two females happened to be walking nearby, suddenly I threw open the door with the impending feeling I was about to vomit, fortunately I only produced a record breaking large and loud belch. I told my partner to take me back to the station, I was seriously sick, he told me "I thought you were just trying to scare those girls"

I'd laughed at the time, had I not felt so bad, I made it home somehow and got even worse, went to the ER shortly afterwards.

I wasn't trying to scare the girls, but I'll guarantee you they were either scared, bewildered or both.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

CYA Bro.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    My plans are to earn some holiday pay working the mid shift. Did I say working? I meant watching movies and slacking off on the mid shift. I don't expect any planes tonight.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Home with the wife and kids playing games, staying away from the roads, and letting Fritz, my loyal and vigilant German Shepherd bark at anyone that comes close to the house.

However, if you watch the overly biased news here in the DFW area, I'm apparently supposed to go outside and fire all my guns in the air because that's what us armed zealots are expected to do...

Happy New Years everyone!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Lead Moderator
    Staying home and out of any trouble!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Mrs.GSB is sick and the young'uns are at thier grandmothers........so I'm just gonna chill here at the ranch, play with the Wii Santa got the kids, watch some movies, and maybe hang out here at DCC for a bit.
    Since my wife's hurting pretty good (gallstones and kidney stones) I'll not partake of anything. We DID have a date planned.........
    Hope she feels better soon. Went through the Kidney Stones earlier this year - no fun. SWMBO, daughter and I will stay in and watch a movie - at least I'm not on call this year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links