Chicken food thief, game cam pix

This is a discussion on Chicken food thief, game cam pix within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Do you guys remember a while back when I got a game camera I was wondering what was stealing my chickens' food?? Figured it out ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chicken food thief, game cam pix

Do you guys remember a while back when I got a game camera I was wondering what was stealing my chickens' food??
    Figured it out
    Best pic I got, it's from my phone actually. my "kitty"

Also caught this neighbor's dog chasing my chickens today:

looks like there's gonna be some target practice at Tala's place...
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Nice kitty, bad puppy !

Wait til the winds blowing away from the house
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Well, obviously you shoot the skunk.

If you don't want to shoot a dog you can try to trap or catch him. If you catch him then you can spray paint him blaze orange and send him on his way. It really sends a message to the owners.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post

If you don't want to shoot a dog you can try to trap or catch him. If you catch him then you can spray paint him blaze orange and send him on his way. It really sends a message to the owners.
    Now that's funny!

Better yet, spray the dog bright pink instead of blaze orange. That would make a bolder statement!
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Well, its too bad for the skunk if you have to kill it, but I'm not in your shoes.
    ďMonsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.Ē
    ~ Stephen King

It works!! I did the exact same thing - even the color - to my neighbors dog and it made her furious. I don't think I've ever seen a human so mad. She told me she was going to sue for the cost of removing the paint (a near total paint job). I explained it was one of two choices I had - the other being fatal. The dog has never been back, and she doesn't speak. A win-win for me.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Catch the skunk and let it spray the dog. Sounds like a two fer.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Catch the skunk and let it spray the dog. Sounds like a two fer.
    That's exactly why the skunk is still living lol
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Trap the "kitty" and send it back with the neighbors dog...
    Leave dog and skunk traps(covered with tarp) on neighbors doorstep with note in front.
    "Hi Mr neighbor. I brought your dog back and thought you might want your kitty back too..."
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Trap the "kitty" and send it back with the neighbors dog...
    Leave dog and skunk traps(covered with tarp) on neighbors doorstep with note in front.
    "Hi Mr neighbor. I brought your dog back and thought you might want your kitty back too..."
    ^This^

Spray-painted dog? That'd make me pretty upset. Skunk-sprayed dog accompanied by the offending skunk? Oh, that'd really be a nasty one....
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Spray painting the dog may get you in trouble with the law. You might try a harmless dye.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    Spray painting the dog may get you in trouble with the law. You might try a harmless dye.
    I didn't say to leave a signed note saying "I spray painted your dog". Police need evidence.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

I didn't say to leave a signed note saying "I spray painted your dog". Police need evidence.
    True dat.

However the state law and the local animal control ordinance permit me to KILL the dog for running livestock. Why go with the unknown option? Shooting it is legally defined, painting is not.

However, today on the cam I caught the kids who also live in the same trailers as the dog coming up on my property and presumably chasing my birds. This is a harder problem to solve.

VIP Member
    Paint them. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links