For Entertainment Purposes Only!

This is a discussion on For Entertainment Purposes Only! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For only pennies a day, your contribution can feed this baby Otter for a year. Help send him to school, and receive lifesaving health care ...

Thread: For Entertainment Purposes Only!

For only pennies a day, your contribution can feed this baby Otter for a year. Help send him to school, and receive lifesaving health care he otherwise would never receive without your generous donation.

Plus, twice a year you'll receive a personal letter from your sponsored Otter, thanking you for your sponsorship, and letting you know how he's doing in school.

You'll also receive photos of him playing with his little Otter friends! Suitable for framing and stamped with his little paw print, your family will enjoy and treasure these photos for years to come.

Won't you help now? Please, send your tax deductible donations to:

Save the Baby Otter Fund
    P.O. Box 220 Swift St.
    Ottertown, USA

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Sadly, I give $30 a month to some kid named....I'm not kidding this is the real name....Santa Islam. I have been sending money to her for about ten years now. I hope it makes a difference in this girls life, but I doubt it.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I've been donating to Veterans programs for about 20 years now. Specifically, Wounded Warriors for the last 6 years. That plus my church tithing. Nothing wrong with charity.

I definitely commend your generosity atctimmy, and all else who gives to others. No one provides more charity than American's and the United States, and no one ever will.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Bark'n this is my wife's gig. I pay the bill but she is the one who wants to give to a person over seas. I would rather give that money to our local city mission. I would rather help a local who is down on his luck. Every time I see the name Santa Islam on a card or status report I wonder if I'm footing the bill to raise a strong, healthy, well fed future terrorist.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I was totally expecting the address for donations to be located in West Central Missouri...

I make a monthly donation to the ASPCA. I love animals. They're so tasty.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

VIP Member
    If my wife sees that picture, there goes 2 more boxes of ammo a month!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

That's a AWSOME picture ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Don't know what sparked this thought, Bark'n, but what a great way to start off the day...with a good bit of humor! Thanks.
    Better to have and to hold, than to leave in the nightstand.....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    I was totally expecting the address for donations to be located in West Central Missouri...

Thats where I thought this was going in a hurry..

Bark'n I second the notion that, Americans are the most generous people on earth.

Was true, back when Gordon Sinclair made it, as it is today.

The United States dollar took another pounding on German, French and British exchanges this morning, hitting the lowest point ever known in West Germany. It has declined there by 41% since 1971 and this Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least-appreciated people in all the earth.

http://www.tysknews.com/Depts/Our_Culture/americans.htm
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Okay, there is actually an Otterville, not 65 miles from me which is in West Centeral Missouri. Google it...

I never thought of it at the time, though! One of my friends wife is from there.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Can't I just adopt the baby otter??? I would dress it in little outfits...send it to a private school....take it to play dates....and cuddle and love it. Please...oh please can I just adopt it.

Ask my husband??? He doesn't need to be asked...he will just accept it and I will name it after him.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I also would like to just have the baby otter, they are by far my favorite animal
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Good one, I could only imagine what Paris Hilton would do to this critter.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Quote Originally Posted by LeftofMars View Post
    Good one, I could only imagine what Paris Hilton would do to this critter.
    Skin it and make a G-string? I dunno... just spit-ballin'.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Links