U.S. Citizenship for Sale.......

U.S. Citizenship for Sale.......

This is a discussion on U.S. Citizenship for Sale....... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ju...type=ynews_rss Am I the only one who thinks this is not right ? This is the first time I have heard about this but it ...

Thread: U.S. Citizenship for Sale.......

Angry U.S. Citizenship for Sale.......

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/ju...type=ynews_rss

Am I the only one who thinks this is not right ? This is the first time I have heard about this but it is going on in 35 states right now.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I dont have a problem with it. You have to do what you have to do in this economy and i see this as a good way to create jobs and build capital.

Your worried about someone investing half a million dollars in our country to help our economy and create jobs in exchange for citezenship, while we have an open border with illegals getting 10-15 dollar and hour jobs and sending the money they make back to mexico?

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    They have this type of system in several countries around the World and it makes sense. The system will work only if the background checks and application procedure is very strict so that no criminals, terrorists or drug traffickers will benefit from it. If you think about it, this system is actually very positive for the U.S. since it will bring fresh employment, investment, more taxes, housing and infrastructure. I am actually surprised it wasn't in place a long time ago. I had heard of this before in Germany and I know that many Americans have gained Costa Rica citizenship with this same system.

I think that citizens and politicians should not be worried about this system and focus more on the big picture which is illegal immigration. Every day hundreds of illegal immigrants from Mexico and Latin America cross the U.S. border in search of a better life. They normally take up on low paying jobs, have children and send their money back to their home countries. Yes, they provide cheap labor and such, but they are taking up on jobs that nationals could be doing and sending away precious and much needed U.S. dollars.

We have the same problem in Costa Rica with Nicaraguans. We have 1 Million of them living in our country (we have a total population of 4 Million so that is 25% of our population), working in low paying jobs and sending a great percentage of their income back home ($200 Million per year). To make matters worst, some don't pay taxes, they commit crimes and use our free health care and education system. Therefore, EB-5 is not the problem...it's illegal immigration.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

VIP Member
    Man are we ever headed down a dark road with China.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Agreed. There is WAY to much at stake with China and that is not good for the U.S. and the World Economy.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    Agreed. There is WAY to much at stake with China and that is not good for the U.S. and the World Economy.
    +1 Agreed on both counts.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Some things are just plain wrong no matter how benign they may be presented and logically defended. This is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I dont have a problem with it. You have to do what you have to do in this economy and i see this as a good way to create jobs and build capital.

Your worried about someone investing half a million dollars in our country to help our economy and create jobs in exchange for citezenship, while we have an open border with illegals getting 10-15 dollar and hour jobs and sending the money they make back to mexico?
    Yeah I am worried about this program set up by our government. Will these "investors" loyalties be towards the U.S. or to the countries they are in now or perhaps an organization that is backing them ? Why do they want to invest in ideas that are not profitable in this country now ? Maybe some are sincere but if they have that amount of money to invest and made that money in their country of origin why do they want to invest here and not in their own country. If the investments don't work out here in ten years they loose their $500,000.00 and do not get citizenship. Sounds like a risky business venture to me unless there are other motives, but hey I don't trust my government that much any more so why should I trust that they are looking out for me on this issue. We continue to sell our country to the highest bidder.
    gdhs_2099_13118064.jpeg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

VIP Member
    We are certainly not the only country which allows folks with big bucks to get in easily, and to stay easily.

I have no problem with allowing folks entry to do business if they have the ability to put a big bunch of money into escrow and won't later become any type of burden on us. I do have a problem with anything which shortens the 5 year waiting period from visa to citizenship or eliminates in any way other requirements. I don't like giving very fortunate people a move to the head of the line when there are so very many good ordinary folks who are desperate to leave wherever they happen to be.

Yes, the rich are different, and one way they are different is that their money allows them to go and live about anywhere in the world.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Yeah I am worried about this program set up by our government. Will these "investors" loyalties be towards the U.S. or to the countries they are in now or perhaps an organization that is backing them ?
    I've always wondered if a super rich dude like Rupert Murdoch who I would guess gained his US citizenship this way really cares at all about the effect of his business activities on our country. So to some extent I'm with Old School in that I do wonder about the loyalties of those who buy their way here.

Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    Some things are just plain wrong no matter how benign they may be presented and logically defended. This is one of them.
    I agree with you 100%. To me this is BS.
    US ARMY Veteran 1965-1967 Vietnam 1966-1967
    WELCOME HOME TO ALL WHO SERVED, AND FOR THOSE STILL SERVING,
    A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE. FOR THOSE OF YOU DOWN RANGE
    WATCH YOUR 6, AND KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN.
    A PATRIOT BELIEVES IN IT....A VETERAN LIVED IT

Angry

How many "other" organizations have vast amounts of money to front "legitimate business associates" to invest in the U.S. as a front for "other" activities ? Of course these are just the thoughts of a guy who has spent over 6 decades observing the actions of the U.S. as well as the actions of others who would love to see the distruction of America. Someone said that the way to bring down America was to financially destroy it. That person is still running around in the mountains of Afghanistan and Pakistan.

gdhs_2099_13118064.jpeg

Money talks & BS walkes. + It's a crying shame you have to get loans from outside our country. How's the saying go??... Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Anything for money.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Personally I'd be more inclined to let the ones who serve in the military have it, this just rubs me wrong.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Links