Recommend a Burglary forum?

This is a discussion on Recommend a Burglary forum? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So, I've been in the process of moving these last two weeks, and I was at the old house today just loading up my truck, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a Burglary forum?

Recommend a Burglary forum?

So, I've been in the process of moving these last two weeks, and I was at the old house today just loading up my truck, minding my own business.

A neighborhood gentleman, walking his dog, stopped by to inquire as to whether or not I was moving out and what was to happen with the house. We were having a pleasant little chat, when out of the blue, in much the same manner as when your mother "lovingly" criticizes you on your career path or reminds you that you should have married your last girlfriend, he states,

"It'll sure make my wife and I much more comfortable having one less gun owner in the neighborhood."

To which I replied, "Well I'll be sure to post a bulletin on the burglary forum."

The problem is I can't find any and, you see, I consider myself a man of my word. I'd really hate to let this poor gent down. So if you know of any credible, high traffic forums to which I could announce the deflated safety of the neighborhood, your recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

Did he hurt your feelings?

Senior Moderator
    Why would some random induhvidual in your neighborhood know you are a gun owner, anyway?

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the point?

That you want your former neighbor to get robbed? If he doesn't want to own guns, that is his right, but I don't wish for anybody to be the victim of a crime.

There are lots of lurkers on here and I am sure not all off them are savory, its why one should always watch what they put on the the internet.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Can't help you out with the burglary forum, but I did get a chuckle out of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Did he hurt your feelings?
    Nooo... I just don't understand people some times. I mean, really, I lived in that neighborhood for 2 years, without incident. Is this guy really sitting with his morning coffee feeling uncomfortable knowing that the guy down the street owns a couple of rifles and a hand gun?

In fact, he came to my neighborhood bbq the last time I grilled up the meat from my last hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is the point?

That you want your former neighbor to get robbed? If he doesn't want to own guns, that is his right, but I don't wish for anybody to be the victim of a crime.

There are lots of lurkers on here and I am sure not all off them are savory, its why one should always watch what they put on the the internet.
    I removed the description of the neighborhood. You're right, that was a little far.

This was just a bit of satire to get a point across.

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Why would some random induhvidual in your neighborhood know you are a gun owner, anyway?

Matt
    1) I've only recently begun to conceal carry. I'm in AZ.
    2) I wouldn't be surprised if he has seen me loading up my rifles on the weekends.
    3) NRA sticker on the truck.

AND 4) He ate the meat from my last kill...........!!!!!!!!!!! That ungrateful........!

I just want to slap a "Hunters Pay For The Conservation" sticker right over his "Coexistence" sticker on his pretty little Prius.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRushing View Post
    Nooo... I just don't understand people some times. I mean, really, I lived in that neighborhood for 2 years, without incident. Is this guy really sitting with his morning coffee feeling uncomfortable knowing that they guy down the street owns a couple of rifles and a hand gun?

In fact, he came to my neighborhood bbq the last time I grilled up the meat from my last hunt.
    When I was just a wee lad, Daddy Mac told me that people can often say insensitive things. How taught me to decide whether I wanted to lose a person's future friendship over a thoughtless comment. Sometimes you may decide you need to make that call. Most times, however, you can laugh it off, or shrug it off.

Daddy Mac was a good dad.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRushing View Post
    I removed the description of the neighborhood. You're right, that was a little far.

This was just a bit of satire to get a point across.
    Good to see it removed, I thought it a bit far as well.

I am all for some satire and humor, but not at the expense of possible harm to someone else.

Some people have an irrational fear of weapons, which is their right. If they only realized they could have that fear because people like me and my friends stand on the hypothetical wall with rifles, keeping the bad men at bay.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I live in a fairly up-scale neighborhood of sheeple. I feel confident that few if any of my neighbors have A firearm let alone several firearms. I suspect that if I were to devulge my information, my neighboors would feel the same way as Jerry's does.

Sad state of affairs in my opinion.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Just to see the look on his face you should have told him not feel bad that the guy moving in has more guns than you do .

I realize that in general most burglars are dumb, but what kind of an idiot joins an internet forum to discuss with other idiots the finer points of stealing stuff from good people. Tell me your search for a burglar forum came up empty...

As far as your comment, not bad but maybe more to the point would've been to tell him you are sure the criminals, rapists, gangbangers, drug dealers, and pedophiles will be more comfortable with one less gun owner in the neighborhood also.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Boy would he have a coniption fit in my neighborhood, we had a start the new year out with a bang party Saturday afternoon. 14 families out of the 25 in my upscale hood got together and boy did we let the lead fly that afternoon( pistol-shotgun we shot them all). Funny thing is the sheriff did not even show up let alone do a drive by.

Quote Originally Posted by ncsteveh View Post
    Boy would he have a coniption fit in my neighborhood, we had a start the new year out with a bang party Saturday afternoon. 14 families out of the 25 in my upscale hood got together and boy did we let the lead fly that afternoon( pistol-shotgun we shot them all). Funny thing is the sheriff did not even show up let alone do a drive by.
    You should have invited him.

Michael

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links