2,500,000 reasons Why I Will not be around for awhile

2,500,000 reasons Why I Will not be around for awhile

This is a discussion on 2,500,000 reasons Why I Will not be around for awhile within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Who knew playing on the net could be so profitable? I got this email how can I go wrong? J/K ATTENTION, We are pleased to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: 2,500,000 reasons Why I Will not be around for awhile

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array HKinNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nassau, NY(Long Island)
    Posts
    2,855

    2,500,000 reasons Why I Will not be around for awhile

    Who knew playing on the net could be so profitable? I got this email how can I go wrong? J/K


    ATTENTION,

    We are pleased to notify you the "Star Receiver" of our last Secured Mega
    Online Promotion result. This is a reward program for the patronage of
    internet services and all email addresses entered for this promotional
    draws were randomly selected from an internet resource database of
    registered software and domain users.

    Reference Number: NL-905/2010
    e-ticket number: 9083651-AA
    Category: A
    Amount: USD2.500.000,00 (Two Million, Five Hundred Thousand Dollars)

    You are required to call your claims agent and also send an e-mail
    with the contact information presented below:

    Contact: Mr. Sean Nolan
    Phone: +31 61 979 8868
    Email: writesean_nolan@consultant.com

    In line with the governing rules of claim, you are requested to furnish
    Mr. Nolan With the following information:

    1. Full name... 2. Address... 3. Occupation... 4. Tel/Fax.... 5.
    Cell/Mobile... 6. Age... 7. Winning Ref Number...

    Congratulations!

    Marla O'Connell
    Promotions Coordinator

    NOTE: This is an Automated Message; do not respond. You should contact the
    assigned claims agent immediately to process the remittance of the prize
    sum to you.


  2. #2
    Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    1,971
    Don't be suprised when they send you a "check" for around $4,000 to deposit to cover taxes or redemption fees. They will ask you to send them back a portion of that $4,000 and can keep the rest...... until it is returned to your bank 10-14 days later and you have to cough up the cash that sent them through Western Union. There is an elderly couple in my town that has fallen for the same scam repeatedly. They have now lost in the neighborhood of $60,000, about 2-3,000 a time.

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,179
    That is one reason when my mom was still alive I told her she didn't need a computer,if u didn't know what you were doing you could get scammed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,104
    When you get him on the phone ask him if he wants to buy some really great stereo speakers! Tell him that you were doing a contract job at a club, and the guys at the warehouse gave you too many. The boss said to leave them there but the guy at the club wouldn't take them.........
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  5. #5
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gastonville
    Posts
    6,754
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    When you get him on the phone ask him if he wants to buy some really great stereo speakers! Tell him that you were doing a contract job at a club, and the guys at the warehouse gave you too many. The boss said to leave them there but the guy at the club wouldn't take them.........
    LOL. Funny!
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

  6. #6
    Distinguished Member
    Array fastk9dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    1,554
    Only 2.5mil? I've got 10mil waiting for me at Central Bank in Largo according to the email I received this morning.

  7. #7
    VIP Member Array swiftyjuan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Madera, CA
    Posts
    2,488
    My record of these is 4 in one day. I did receive a serious warning with FBI letterhead that I was doing things on the internet that could be considered "terrorist", and that I needed to verify who I was by sending personal information immediately, including banking information. Unfortunately, they signed it "Director, Central Intelligent Agency". When the CIA uses FBI letterhead, the world must be coming to an end.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

    "Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

    Lifetime NRA member

  8. #8
    Ex Member Array JOHNSMITH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    1,726
    That's nothing! Once my checks get to their destination, I should be holding several tens of millions of dollars of a certain prince's fortunes. To imagine - out of all the people in the world, *I* was the one chosen! I feel so special, and loved.

  9. #9
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    I received an e-mail from my congressman saying he was going to cut 100 billion in spending.


    Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; January 6th, 2011 at 02:21 PM. Reason: I made an oopsie

  10. #10
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,891
    Think I could borrow 10,000 just till the end of the week?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

  11. #11
    Ex Member Array JOHNSMITH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    1,726
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    I received an e-mail from my congressman saying he was going to cut 100 billion in spending.


    Michael
    What next? They're going to claim they follow some document called the Constitution? Jokers, these Congress critters!

  12. #12
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    8,711
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    My record of these is 4 in one day. I did receive a serious warning with FBI letterhead that I was doing things on the internet that could be considered "terrorist", and that I needed to verify who I was by sending personal information immediately, including banking information. Unfortunately, they signed it "Director, Central Intelligent Agency". When the CIA uses FBI letterhead, the world must be coming to an end.


    ^^^ARE you sure^^^^^^

    It wasn't signed, "Epsteins Mother"??(Welcome Back Kotter) for anyone younger than 35>

    What a bunch of ninnys.
    Its sad that desparate, or unsuspecting folks fall prey to this bullcrap.
    It should be punishable by 20 yr.s in jail.






    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. Mark Twain
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

    M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array CCWFlaRuger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Florida's NatureCoast
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    That's nothing! Once my checks get to their destination, I should be holding several tens of millions of dollars of a certain prince's fortunes. To imagine - out of all the people in the world, *I* was the one chosen! I feel so special, and loved.
    HEY, That prince is my Cousin! That is My money!
    "You will not rise to the occasion and you will not default to your level of training. You WILL ONLY default to the level of training you have mastered."
    -Ruger P345; LCP
    -Mossberg 590A1; Model 42
    -Phoenix Arms Raven

  14. #14
    Senior Member Array stevem174's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Don't be suprised when they send you a "check" for around $4,000 to deposit to cover taxes or redemption fees. They will ask you to send them back a portion of that $4,000 and can keep the rest...... until it is returned to your bank 10-14 days later and you have to cough up the cash that sent them through Western Union. There is an elderly couple in my town that has fallen for the same scam repeatedly. They have now lost in the neighborhood of $60,000, about 2-3,000 a time.
    Some things can't be fixed!
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

    Stupidity should be painful.

  15. #15
    Member Array BigBadBang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    73
    $2.5 million - I'd try and hold out for a better deal.

    Just the other day I received an email from a distraught widow in Iraq, who promised to split $15 million with me if I could help her transfer the funds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Be gone for awhile
    By dukalmighty in forum Bob & Terry's Place
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 4th, 2009, 03:25 AM
  2. Should have done this awhile ago
    By mslaughtertx in forum New Members Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: December 15th, 2007, 12:07 AM