Is this the beginning of the end?

This is a discussion on Is this the beginning of the end? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Im sure you all have heard about the massive animal deaths happening around the world. Wasnt there a movie recently that had birds flying wildly ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Im sure you all have heard about the massive animal deaths happening around the world. Wasnt there a movie recently that had birds flying wildly and killin themselves? Seems like thats happening for real now, i wonder if this could happen to humans too..."Everyone who has ever watched a 3D movie has randomly died"

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    Im sure you all have heard about the massive animal deaths happening around the world. Wasnt there a movie recently that had birds flying wildly and killin themselves? Seems like thats happening for real now, i wonder if this could happen to humans too..."Everyone who has ever watched a 3D movie has randomly died"
    Maybe if you're a human that can fly.

Ex Member
    I just saw this has happened in 4-5 different countries. Got to wonder......................

The movie i was thinking of was "The Core". Its not recent but i did watch it recently. They are now saying that Tampa Airport has closed due to a shift in magnetic north and they have to repaint the runway headings. Humans do fly, in airplanes and helicopters.

I live by Tampa airport. I am feeling a little...magnetically challenged lately.

The end is near.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the recent TV series "The Event" that had the mass bird deaths in localized places.......

My theory is that ever animal has a set "Damn" limit. The crows have merely met it with one final farmer somewhere on earth saying "Damn crows!" and then poof!

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    They are now saying that Tampa Airport has closed due to a shift in magnetic north and they have to repaint the runway headings. Humans do fly, in airplanes and helicopters.
    Magnetic north moves all the time, has since Noah got off the boat and probably did before then. In terms of airports, It is very common to re-number the runways. One of the local airports used to have runway 19 and 1 (meaning a magnetic heading of about 190 and ~10 degrees) and it changed to 20 and 2 (~200 and ~20) about 8 years ago. Nothing to panic about there.

Now, birds dropping out of the sky by the thousands, that's scary. :)

VIP Member
    Short answer? No, but we're getting close.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye_Defender View Post
    Magnetic north moves all the time, has since Noah got off the boat and probably did before then. In terms of airports, It is very common to re-number the runways. One of the local airports used to have runway 19 and 1 (meaning a magnetic heading of about 190 and ~10 degrees) and it changed to 20 and 2 (~200 and ~20) about 8 years ago. Nothing to panic about there.

Now, birds dropping out of the sky by the thousands, that's scary. :)
    Yeah.
    Seems I remember being taught that the polarity of the earth has even reversed a few times and we're still here, so I doubt a little adjusting is anything to get concerned about.

The birds however, I'm not so sure about.....
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

As I stated in another thread:

Average of 160 cases a year in North America alone.

Does anyone remember grade school science class? Mass die-offs and extinctions have been happening for thousands of years. It's all of us smartphone/wifi jockeys turning it into a big deal, thinking we're "connecting the dots".
    Last edited by JerryRushing; January 8th, 2011 at 01:36 AM. Reason: "a year"

Yes it has been happening for MILLIONS of years. Ive heard that magnetic north changes something like 40
    miles per year or something like that. I thought it was interesting thought because ive never
    seen these events in the media. Then again, i cant stand watching the news. I feel it is very negative and makes people who watch it have a very negative attitude.

Not the beginning of the end. The beginning of the end started at the beginning. I figure we're already over 80% of the way there.

"This is not the end. It is not the beginning of the end, but it may be the end of the beginning." As close as I can recall. Remember who?
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

This better not effect my ability to get a three piece dinner.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

This is nothing but a distraction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links