Seven Lifers Back in Prison after Officer's shooting.

This is a discussion on Seven Lifers Back in Prison after Officer's shooting. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I really have no problem with this. They were sentenced to life for a reason and shouldn't even have the option of parole. WOBURN, MA ...

Thread: Seven Lifers Back in Prison after Officer's shooting.

Distinguished Member

Seven Lifers Back in Prison after Officer's shooting.

I really have no problem with this. They were sentenced to life for a reason and shouldn't even have the option of parole.

WOBURN, MA Seven Bay State killers were yanked back into maximum-security prisons in the days after the murder of a Woburn cop by a paroled triple-lifer, the Herald has learned.
    http://policelink.monster.com/news/a...ficers-slaying

2. Remove Ads

“The department is afraid these guys are going to flee because the heat is on the Parole Board,’’ said one high-ranking DOC official. “The order is directly related to the homicide of the Woburn officer.”
    So they couldn't be trusted not to flee minimum security but they could be trusted enought to be one step away from release?
    “The point is that we need to stop punishing a class of people for actions of a few,” said Masny-Latos.
    Murderers are a class of people now? Even if i were to accept that logic the statement does not apply. In this case only murderers are being punished. They are being punished for the crime theu themselves committed. It is not like removing guns from honest citizens because of the actions of criminals.

Michael

Want to make a real impact on violent crime? Keep criminals in for their full sentence.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Coder View Post
    Want to make a real impact on violent crime? Keep criminals in for their full sentence.
    AND limit appeals of those convicted of capital crimes (the ones on death row) to something reasonable, like three.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Like the movie line, "Once you go in you don't come out." or similar.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    AND limit appeals of those convicted of capital crimes (the ones on death row) to something reasonable, like three.
    Does not seem like a bad idea to me.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

If there is absolutely no doubt an individual committed capital murder and got the death sentence,he shouldn't get 20 years of appeals,most of the time they have a rap sheet longer than their arm by that point,totally unable to live in society,give them 2 years tops,then lights out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Anyone else see the absurdity of applying the term "LIFER" to someone who has been PAROLED??
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

On several occasions in recent days we have learned through this forum of brave LEOs losing their life to convicted felons, parolees, lifers, etc. Now I am not naive enough to think this is something new; unfortuantely it isn't and has happened for a majority of my 44 years of life. But I have to ask...When are lawmakers, lawyers, judges, parole boards, etc., going to wake up and put an end to these people being let go? Everyone worth their salt in the legal world knows, and possible contributes to, the recidivism rates among criminals. Every post in response to the OP has merit. But how do we make it happen..........
    Better to have and to hold, than to leave in the nightstand.....

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Anyone else see the absurdity of applying the term "LIFER" to someone who has been PAROLED??
    I met a guy who had served a life sentence once. He seemed in good health for a dead person.

Michael

Links