Google map of mass animal deaths around the world with links to details

This is a discussion on Google map of mass animal deaths around the world with links to details within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...bca25af104a22b...

Thread: Google map of mass animal deaths around the world with links to details

Google map of mass animal deaths around the world with links to details

We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

2. Remove Ads

Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but these mass deaths have been going on for the better part of a century. This is what you call the media latching onto something it views as unusual and blowing it way out of proportion.

Probably longer than a century...
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Thanks for the link.
    I was in the checkout line this evening at our local Dollar General with 14 lbs of bird feed/seed like I do every Friday to fill our bird feeders, and the guy in front of me looks back and says "gonna try and save the birds huh?". Yeah....well, we got to talking a bit about the weird stuff with the birds. But what about the fish?
    The mass animal deaths and the media? Well, the media does go where the stories are. Thing is, you just can't shrug your shoulders and go on without thinking a bit. There's a reason for everything. Disease, unexplainable phenomena, etc....... Thing is, we're all given signs during our lifetime....things we should take note of, like a blood red moon, comets, solar eclipses, outbreaks of disease, etc....... Whether you believe in God, or whether you believe in the earth and nature, or any scientific belief.....................it really doesn't matter how you wish to think of these occurrences. What matters is that a change is happening in our environment (again) and might be something (likely) that could affect us dramatically any time in the future sooner or later. As intelligent as we are, we can't honestly turn a blind eye to what's happening around us unless we really don't care, or are less concerned about our environment than we are with ourselves. No able bodied person should be on the boat unless they're willing to paddle when it's their turn. Those not willing to paddle better be good fishermen.
    Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but........
    The earth and environment are OUR "bubble". Even if you're in your own bubble, you're still inside the big bubble. That's just how it works. I can draw that on paper.

Average of 160 cases a year in North America alone.

Does anyone remember grade school science class? Mass die-offs and extinctions have been happening for thousands of years. It's all of us smartphone/wifi jockeys turning it into a big deal, thinking we're "connecting the dots".
    Last edited by JerryRushing; January 7th, 2011 at 10:07 PM.

That map settles it. All birds who want to live, move to Africa!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    That map settles it. All birds who want to live, move to Africa!
    Russia and China look pretty safe too. Glad I don't have feathers. I'm too old to migrate.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    The media goes where the stories are. And when the stories aren't exciting enough on their own...?
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

They're covering this because they haven't made up a flu pandemic this year...
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Dunno 'bout the birds, but, Fish Flu?
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Then why don't I recall ever hearing this type of story before? It would seem to me if a mass die off of this magnitude happens a lot, it would have made news before.

I clicked on 2 of the links in the google map. 4 dead manatees in Florida during a 20 day period and 70 dead bats in AZ are two items they reported. Hardly equivalent of thousands of dead birds all at the same time and fish too.

Links