A Pets 10 Commandments.......

A Pets 10 Commandments.......

This is a discussion on A Pets 10 Commandments....... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS: 1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful. 2. Give me ...

Thread: A Pets 10 Commandments.......

Cool A Pets 10 Commandments.......

A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS:

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation
    from you is likely to be painful.
    2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
    3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
    4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up
    as punishment. You have your work, your friends,
    your entertainment, but I have only you.
    5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do
    understand your voice when speaking to me.
    6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
    7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I
    could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
    8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask
    yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm
    not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long
    or my heart might be getting old or weak.
    9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will
    grow old.
    10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please.
    Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me
    face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are
    there, because I love you so.

~Take a moment today to thank GOD for your pets. Enjoy and
    take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful
    experience without God's critters.

~Now please pass this on to other pet owners. We do not have
    to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and
    joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!

photo.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Awesome. As a old teary eyed guy it makes me remember all of the dogs that have passed before me, and reminds me of my power to be a great pet owner.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Number 10 got to me. I have been there before with three of the sweetest kittens you could imagine. It hurt then and still does when I think of that moment. I will be there again. My 12 year old cat has medical problems and may be there in the year. She's my baby and I dread it.

VIP Member
    Over the years I have had many pets that I have made that last trip with. It's never something that is easy to do. I'm not ashame to admit, I usually sit in the outer office afterwards, until I can stop the tears, so I can drive. For all the pet lovers here, something I came across years ago that helps some.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I buried another one yesterday actually. He learned his final lesson. One I apparently wasn't able to convey.
    I love all of my pets. I've buried many. Watched some of them die, saved some from the suffering. This one hits me hard, but I know it's hitting his best friends harder being without him. Our pets.........
    Thanks for the post.
    We loved Rascal.

OD*
    Number 10 is a killer, we just went through that this past October.

But thanks for posting this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I buried another one yesterday actually. He learned his final lesson. One I apparently wasn't able to convey.
    I love all of my pets. I've buried many. Watched some of them die, saved some from the suffering. This one hits me hard, but I know it's hitting his best friends harder being without him. Our pets.........
    Thanks for the post.
    We loved Rascal.
    I sorry to hear of your loss, Rod.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Thanks for posting this. My pets are everything to me. Here's a thumbnail of Moe and Smokey being a bit more comfortable with eachother than usual:
    Attached Images

This one teared me up! Thanks for posting, I've tried my best with my pets to follow the rules as they were given in your post. I give them the best life possible, hoping that they could have not done any better with anyone else. We are all so lucky for what they give us, it's only fair that we treat them well.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member
    Sorry to hear about your pet Ram Rod.

I have learned so much from my dog. It's like she opens up doorways I did not know were there.

Excellent thread!

I'm a sucker for my pets, just part of the family and I protect and defend um equally.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Ė Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Ė Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Awesome. As a old teary eyed guy it makes me remember all of the dogs that have passed before me, and reminds me of my power to be a great pet owner.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

In this frustrating day and age, rush rush, crappy economy, and the hectic times can cause folks to forget sometimes that their animal are special..

I agre with those who have posted about the dificulty of saying goodbye.

Here is our Black, Buckwheat who has been gone since Dec. '06, and Jaylynn our Yellow who we took from a friend at 4yrs. as they had too many, and they had got her from someone as well. She has been gone since July '08.

And our newest is Sam the Chocolate Lab, and Chloe is the Lab/Doberman mix we got from the shelter in Detroit, both are almost 3, the chocolate also coming from another home at 2yrs.
    She has some of the most beautiful markings, and boy is she a people person.
    We put a cat down over sum. '09, his sister is the black, and another troublemaker , the kitten we couldn't give away, is the newest; an abandoned found in my barn, this past Oct.
    Attached Images
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Thanks for sharing!
    My boss just had to put her 10-year old Chiuaua (sp) Princess down on Friday.
    Poor Princess had lung cancer & had been not eating and getting weaker since Christmas.
    Our pets may only live a very short number of years, but their impact on our lives remains a lifetime.
    Babyhulk
    NRA Life Member since 2010

Sponsored Links