Facebook convo with an anti

This is a discussion on Facebook convo with an anti within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; "THE BEAUTY OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT* IS THAT IT WILL NOT BE NEEDED UNTIL THE GOVERNMENT TRIES TO TAKE IT." ~ Thomas Jefferson Thank you ...

Thread: Facebook convo with an anti

"THE BEAUTY OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT* IS THAT IT WILL NOT BE NEEDED UNTIL THE GOVERNMENT TRIES TO TAKE IT." ~ Thomas Jefferson
    Thank you to my new friend Brian for this insightful quote. ♥
    *The Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms.
    59 minutes ago · Unlike · Comment You and 2 others like this.

(Inject Brian's deleted comment that he thought it was interesting that Dee would post this right after the Arizona shooting and that guns should be banned due to the density of the population and how they are not needed

UnklFungus Thank you for your opinion, Brian. If you leave at that, I'll leave it posted. If you can't leave it at just that, I'll remove all. ♥
    44 minutes ago · Unlike · 2 people

UnklFungus Brian, thank you for your opinion. I have debated this issue ad nasueum. When you criminalize guns, only criminals will have guns. It has been proven endless times, time and again, that Criminals don't obey the law. Therefor, you only ban law abiding citizens their right to self protection.
    Do you think it was a law abiding person who shot those people? Well, if he was law abiding, then I don't think he would have shot them, would he?

I served in the US Navy, my brother served in the US Army, my father served in the Navy and his father served in the military as did my maternal grandfather, both of them in WWII. Guess what, millions of people were murdered there and guess what the first step was? Registering then banning guns. Guess who the people of Europe called for help? People with guns.
    There has NEVER once been a successful ban that has decreased violence. Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying. Look at Britain, Australia, Canada etc. Look at DC, when the Supreme Court ruled their law unconstitutional, violent crime went down. Look at Chicago. Hell, look here in LA!
    You tell me, when all guns have been banned and only criminals have them, what are you going to do to protect your family from a violent attack? The US Supreme Court has ruled that the police don't have to protect you individually. Their job is to protect the peace, as a general matter.
    Someone is breaking in to your house in the middle of the night, what are you going to do? Call someone with a gun. You better live right across the street from the police station, cuz otherwise, you are toast. When seconds count, help is only minutes away.
    To add to this, ban cars. MILLIONS have been maimed or killed by cars. They are statistically one of the most dangerous things we have.
    An armed society is a polite society
    Try asking some members of law enforcement what their true position is on law abiding citizens being able to protect themselves.
    Millions of people in LA and only hundreds of police.

I could go on forever. Yes it would be nice to live in a Utopian society wherein criminals didn't exist. That tain't reality. Till that somehow miraculously happens, don't you dare try and take my families safety and security out of my hands.
    My family served in the military and the only thing that has allowed peace to prosper in this country is that there are people standing guard willing to to cause harm so you may sleep in peace.
    If you are unwilling to stand in those shoes, unwilling to write a check to the American people that pays up to and including your own life, for your family and hundreds of millions of people you will never meet, then I frankly don't want to hear it.
    Anyone with a false idea that banning guns will somehow magically eliminate crime is deceived.
    22 minutes ago · Like

(inject Brian's comment of how removing his comment is infinging on his first amendment rights)

ME True Brian, but guess what. The Second Amendment is what has given you the first and it is what holds it in place.
    17 minutes ago · Like

Steve The citizens of this country too smart to fall for the problem-reaction-solution fascist methods that has destroyed many republics in the past. If anything, this will have the opposite effect in this Internet age. Word is already getting ...
    See More
    16 minutes ago · Like

Dee Well, 'kay, Brian. But this ain't the great country of the U.S. of A., it's just my page. I don't collect votes on what to post here. BUT you may post anything you'd like on YOUR page -- and THAT's our First Amendment at work. ;D
    15 minutes ago · Like

UnklFungus Steve, I concur with you completely.
    13 minutes ago · Like

At this point, Brian said that guns should be legal so that someone wastes my ass.

Bret I gather that Brian could not keep his opinions concealed or unloaded in the trunk of his bar. ;)
    6 minutes ago · Like

Steve Guess so. Had that same talk at a bar around here. Most agreed with me and that got them thinking.
    4 minutes ago · Like

Bret Whoops! Car.
    2 minutes ago · Like

Dee ‎@Bret - Brian was doing fine but then started a personal attack of UnklFungus and THAT I deleted -- has no place here. In response, Brian then deleted his original post and again made personal comment against UnklFungus which I again deleted.

@Brian, While I'm cool on dialogue, I'm not cool on discourtesy... besides, it just makes your argument look likes it cannot stand on it's own merit... if it's got legs, it'll stand without getting personal...
    2 minutes ago · Like

UnklFungus Why am I sorry? Because I love my family and I was and am willing to sacrifice myself for their safety? Or is it because I am still holding to my promise of protecting my family and country from those that would do them harm? I gave that pledge over 20 years ago and I hold to it now.
    Should I be wasted because I fiercely protect my Constitutional right?
    You are telling us that guns should be banned and yet you are the one with the veiled threat of violence. What have I written above that is false?
    What have I said that is causing you to discuss my murder, right after you said guns should be banned because some whacko criminal murdered people?

I fail to see how what I wrote would encite you to the violence you just decried.

Now, after reading what you wrote, I should give up my God Given right to self defense?

Am I missing something?
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

You have his words in black and white. Take them and have a restraining order taken out on him! So much for his 1st Amendment rights.
    I probably would have just deleted his initial comment and blocked his stupid anti arss.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    You have his words in black and white. Take them and have a restraining order taken out on him! So much for his 1st Amendment rights.
    I probably would have just deleted his initial comment and blocked his stupid anti arss.
    It was on a friend's page and she deleted them. I don't know who he is. He basically seagulled it. Flew in, crapped on everything and flew away.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Sponsored Links