Cable/Sat. TV rant

Cable/Sat. TV rant

This is a discussion on Cable/Sat. TV rant within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Okay, it's only been a few days, but I'm kinda mad that Discovery Health has been replaced with the Oprah Network. Anyone else?...

Thread: Cable/Sat. TV rant

Cable/Sat. TV rant

Okay, it's only been a few days, but I'm kinda mad that Discovery Health has been replaced with the Oprah Network. Anyone else?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'd sure be upset with anything getting replaced with an Oprah anything. She may very well own your network provider now. I'm not much one for the tube anyway....all the programs I watch are recorded other than live football, and the local news occasionally. I feel for ya man!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'd sure be upset with anything getting replaced with an Oprah anything. She may very well own your network provider now. I'm not much one for the tube anyway....all the programs I watch are recorded other than live football, and the local news occasionally. I feel for ya man!

Well it's mostly sappy movies, shows with Dr. Phil, or her "friend" Gayle.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

" it's Oprah's world and she lets us live in it" Chick MCgee

VIP Member
    You mean your cable company actually delivers shows? I think ours mostly just collects payments each month. There's almost never anything there I want to watch.

Oh yeah, son of a gun. I didn't realize OWN replaced Disc Health until I just looked.
    I never watched the health channel and I imagine I won't watch Oprah's either.

I'm kinda mad that Discovery Health has been replaced with the Oprah Network
    Guess I would have never known unless you had told me. These are channels that I have never seen on my TV. Sure they are there just don't have a need to tune to them EVER!!
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

My $28 antenna does just fine for me. I stopped throwing my money away a long time ago, and Oprah was one of the reasons. Good luck to you.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    I just shut my cable off in November. The filth that is on TV kills me. I sit down to watch football with my boy and it's all Victoria's secret and little blue pill commercials. I had enough and called to cancel it.

The funny part is that every time I tell someone it's off they look at me like I'm crazy. Or they give me the "Yeah cable is expensive" speech. Nobody seems to get that it's all crap to me.
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

You mean Discovery Health Network is gone and Oprah's network is in its place? How dumb is that? Won't last.
    Ruger LCP
    KelTec P11
    Ruger P89
    Taurus M380

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    ...little blue pill commercials.
    Watching Andy and Barney on TVLand in the afternoon with the kids and here come these commercials. Sheesh.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

VIP Member
    Fortunately most of the shows that were on DHC have been moved to fitTv. There are enough blank channels and sports worship channels available she did not have to take a channel that occasionally had interesting programming.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Who would see $5 for a pay per view on Oprah and Roseanne slugging it out? Or Dr Phil slugging either one in the mouth and burying it up to the wrist? I'd pay just to see their yap shut for 15 seconds or more. My bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Who would see $5 for a pay per view on Oprah and Roseanne slugging it out? Or Dr Phil slugging either one in the mouth and burying it up to the wrist? I'd pay just to see their yap shut for 15 seconds or more. My bad?
    LOL

You are my official hero

Where we live in rural AZ, the only way to get television is via a dish. It costs about the same as cable, but we got rid of it about 7 years ago.

I don't see the point in spending $50 to $75 to see what others think that I want to see.

I've got high speed internet and Netflix. Just watch what I want, when I want.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I think it's kind of ironic that the network is called "OWN" .

Sponsored Links