Anyone watch UFC and and kindof upset that the WEC is now gone?

This is a discussion on Anyone watch UFC and and kindof upset that the WEC is now gone? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Im am a huge MMA fan. I really prefer watching the WEC lighter weight classes, plus the title fights were not pay per view. Now, ...

Thread: Anyone watch UFC and and kindof upset that the WEC is now gone?

Anyone watch UFC and and kindof upset that the WEC is now gone?

Im am a huge MMA fan. I really prefer watching the WEC lighter weight classes, plus the title fights were not pay per view. Now, im afraid all of these free fights will become pay per view fights. I hope im wrong. At 40 to 50 bucks a pop, its insane considering there is a PPV fight at least once a month, and most are not even title fights. I think once Donald Cerrone gets more wrestling and take down experience under his belt, he will be the next lightweight champ. The dude is tough. Anyway...
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

2. Remove Ads

Check out your local sports bars....Here in NC hooters will host the fight with no cover. Kinda nice to go watch the fights and watch the girls run around in tight shirts and clothes. There is usually a bunch of other spots that show the fights too. Good luck maybe ull find a new hangout once a month
    RUGER SR9 IN CROSSBREED SUPERTUCK DAILY

kpw
    I'll miss the WEC. The cards they put together were fantactic. They were starting to do PPV anyway so it was a matter of time before we lost the freebies. I like them adding the 135 and 145 weights to the UFC. It will make the cards even better. I like Cerrone, he's a tough kid and puts on a good show every time. Pettis had a great fight with Henderson but I think Aldo is going to be the man when he moves up to 155. Faber is going to be stronger than most at 135 but he won't be as fast. Should be some interesting fights coming.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I too miss the WEC fights on VS. I bet out of the 14 UFC PPV per year, I spring for 10 to 12 of them.

I also am curious to see how Faber does at 135, especially after Aldo ran him out of the 145 division.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Yep, I totally agree. I loved that I could watch title matches for free. The UFC is great but Zuffa is all about making money any way they can, which I'm not blaming them for, but if my choices are watching two year old reruns and some played out reality show about UFC has beens and wannabes or shell out around $500 a year to watch fights in the comfort of my own home, I'll just take a pass and find something else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I too miss the WEC fights on VS. I bet out of the 14 UFC PPV per year, I spring for 10 to 12 of them.

I also am curious to see how Faber does at 135, especially after Aldo ran him out of the 145 division.

Aldo made faber look downright silly. Aldo is a weapon. I really like Faber, but I will be cheering for Dominick Cruz when that fight happens. Cruz really put a whoopin on Scott Jorgenson. Cruz and Faber...cant wait for that one. Pettis is a great fighter, but now has to wait for the rematch between Maynard and Edgar. I cant believe Edgar survived the first round. I thought he won the other 4 rounds...tough kid. Pettis is a different type of fighter than maynard and edgar, so that will be interesting. I just hope that some of the lighter weight fights dont get treated wrong. Mike Brown fought also that same night, and they didnt even air it. He cant even make a prelim card in the UFC. Its this type of stuff that makes me question if it will benefit the lighter weights. The all mighty dollar wins the day. I dont know the guy that Anderson Silva is fighting in a few weeks. I wonder if he will ever be stopped. It almost happened with Sonnen, but he got sloppy. Maybe that spankin That Sonnen laid on him will bring his ego down a notch.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Links