China Friendship Ads on TV

This is a discussion on China Friendship Ads on TV within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just saw one of the "China Friendship" Ads that the government of China is currently running on TV in the USA, to convince Americans ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: China Friendship Ads on TV

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

I just saw one of the "China Friendship" Ads that the government of China is currently running on TV in the USA, to convince Americans that China is their friend. I had heard news reports about how the Chinese were spending millions of dollars for this TV ad campaign, but had not actually seen one of the ads until today.

I was struck by how extremely simple it was. No images of China, or the Chinese people. Just the word "China", followed by "Friendship". It was almost like it was specifically designed to be a subliminal message.

That worries me, though, if that was their intent. For no real issues were discussed at all, to actually show that they really are our good friends. A subliminal message seems rather dishonest to me. Almost as if they are intending to trick us.

Have you seen the ad on TV? What was your reaction?

They are slowly buying our country! They will own us outright given enough time.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Administrator
    Anybody remember this old saying?

Kill A Commie For Mommy.

They will always be ChiComs to me. But, they do make a decent cell phone.

"They will own us outright given enough time."

Guess what. They already do own us if they decide to call in that debt.

But, if they did that who would buy all of their crappy kids toys covered in Lead paint and arsenic?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Anybody remember this old saying?

Kill A Commie For Mommy.
    They aren't commies anymore, no matter what their official name says. They are beating us at our own game, capitalism.

Administrator
    "They are beating us at our own game, capitalism."

You hit that nail right on the head.

I'm thinking about getting a jump on the future w/ Rosetta Stone so that I can learn how to say "Come and get them" in Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    "They are beating us at our own game, capitalism."

You hit that nail right on the head.

I'm thinking about getting a jump on the future w/ Rosetta Stone so that I can learn how to say "Come and get them" in Chinese.

But what if we get invaded by Chinese troops that speak Cantonese??

Senior Moderator
    At some point in the future we will be shooting at each other. Whether it be 5 years from now or 50, dosent really matter, it's inevitable .
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    But what if we get invaded by Chinese troops that speak Cantonese??

Well considering I have never met a Cantonese speaker that did not know some mandarin I think its safe. My understanding is that its understandable by most people because of itís the language of government.
    As a side note the Chinese idea of marketing is not at the same level as that in the US.

Maybe I am wrong, but current Chinese actions hardly seems to be what someone who wants friendly relations with us would do.

Administrator
    Well, don't forget the largest intentionally created famine in history....The Chinese "Great Leap Forward" beginning in 1959 when Mao Zedong & The Commie leadership starved 30+ Million of their own people to death so....what is their definition of "friendly" relations?

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    I just saw one of the "China Friendship" Ads that the government of China is currently running on TV in the USA, to convince Americans that China is their friend.
    Why the Chinese would even care about Americans being their friends is beyond me. We bought something like $334 BILLION worth of stuff from them in 2010 (Wal-Mart being the largest single purchaser of Chinese goods), and they in turn spent barely one-quarter for that amount on US goods. (Source: http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/...5700.html#2010). This all happened in spite of Americans generally not having much trust in the Chinese and the Chinese not having much love for Americans.

I would love to see Americans stop blindly shopping for the lowest price alone, and have them recognize the long-term effects on our economy and employment of buying so much cheap stuff from China.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I would love to see Americans stop blindly shopping for the lowest price alone, and have them recognize the long-term effects on our economy and employment of buying so much cheap stuff from China.
    You know, I have tried. You just can't buy things not made in China anymore. There are some products you just can't find.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Well, our government has a lot to do with that price difference. We might want to look at some of that.

For the most part, we taught them what they needed to know. For years Chinese furniture was absolute trash. They could not put a decent finish on it. So what did some of the large US companies in my area do? The sent their techs over there to teach them how to do it. That did not work so well for us. You really have to look hard and do your research to get US furniture these days. Most of my furniture is made in the US, some even from Hickory. But some of it is from small companies nobody has heard of. It's hard to find American made furniture in most stores.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Well, our government has a lot to do with that price difference. We might want to look at some of that.

Well, but it is the Chinese government that is manipulating the value of their currency, keeping it artificially low in order to make Chinese products more competitive. So they are directly responsible for a big part of this problem.

The Chinese are not Capitalists, not by any means. Capitalists believe in free markets. China's economy is still a very much government planned one.

It is sort of ironic that test flights for China's new advanced J-20 Stealth fighter started this same week. Here is a news report about it:

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/01/18/a...ncibility.html

More than one military analyst has noted how similiar it looks to America's new F-22 Raptor Stealth fighter. Could this just be a coincidence?? Or could China have spies inside our country?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links