This is the most touching and well done news report that I have ever seen

This is a discussion on This is the most touching and well done news report that I have ever seen within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It's 60 minutes long, but well worth viewing online, if you missed it when it aired earlier this week. Hosted by Diane Sawyer: http://abc.go.com/watch/2020-/SH5590...-the-astronaut ....

Thread: This is the most touching and well done news report that I have ever seen

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

This is the most touching and well done news report that I have ever seen

It's 60 minutes long, but well worth viewing online, if you missed it when it aired earlier this week. Hosted by Diane Sawyer:

http://abc.go.com/watch/2020-/SH5590...-the-astronaut

2. Remove Ads

I don't like ABC's stance on many things, nor Diana Sawyer.....

However, thanks for posting this. I went to it to take a "glance" at it.... and soon found myself watching the whole thing. Hadn't seen this, and glad that I did now. And, ironic that she owns a Glock.

WELL WORTH WATCHING ! !
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Thanks for posting that. Enjoyed it. They are definitely not your ordinary couple.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I don't like ABC's stance on many things, nor Diana Sawyer.....

Well, of the big 3 networks, ABC News is now the only one that I will still watch at all. NBC and CBS have become so blatantly biased on issues, that I never bother to watch them anymore.

They also have the best investigative journalist currently working: Brian Ross.

The previous week's show by 20/20 was equally well worth viewing, as it was an investigative report into corruption taking place inside the Peace Corps. It turns out that over 1,000 young American women working for the US Peace Corps have been raped while serving overseas over the last 10 years. While that alone is bad, the really bad part is that the Peace Corps management has engaged in a huge cover-up of the problem. They don't want any bad PR to mar their record or discourage women from serving.

Brian Ross interviewed numerous female Peace Corps works who complained about the total lack of support that they received from the Peace Corps administration. In many cases, the women were even blamed for causing their own rapes. In a number of documented cases, the Peace Corps even ignored pleas from female workers about the dangerous circumstances that they were finding themselves in.

It really is quite a powerful piece of investigative journalism. The #2 in charge at the Peace Corp ended up meeting with Ross to discuss his investigation, and you will be utterly shocked at the way she reacted throughout her interview. I've never seen a more classic and disturbing case of stone-walling by a government official. While the story about the Congresswoman and the Astronaut is very touching, this one about the Peace Corps will really make you mad, if you look at it here on this web page:

http://abc.go.com/watch/2020-/SH5590...he-peace-corps

It is amazing that such corruption can be taking place inside our Federal government. Stuff like this really shakes my faith in our way of government.

Note: The Peace Corps Story does not start until a fourth of the way through the show. If you find the first story boring, you can skip ahead.

Links