Packers Fans Rejoice Beating Bears in NFC Championship by Roasting and Eating a Bear

Packers Fans Rejoice Beating Bears in NFC Championship by Roasting and Eating a Bear

This is a discussion on Packers Fans Rejoice Beating Bears in NFC Championship by Roasting and Eating a Bear within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A group of Green Bay Packers fans will be gathering to roast and eat a 180 lb Bear at a Sports Bar to help celebrate ...

Thread: Packers Fans Rejoice Beating Bears in NFC Championship by Roasting and Eating a Bear

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar

A group of Green Bay Packers fans will be gathering to roast and eat a 180 lb Bear at a Sports Bar to help celebrate today's Packer's win over the hated Bears. See this report:

http://www.wfrv.com/news/local/Minne...114445114.html

The Bear had been legally shot during Wisconsin's Bear Season.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    What is weird, the health derpartment will not let them actually serve the bear meat.

Plus, they will have nothing to celebrate.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I wonder what Bears' fans will eat if the Packers lose? Go Bears !!!! Can you tell I grew up near Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    I wonder what Bears' fans will eat if the Packers lose? Go Bears !!!! Can you tell I grew up near Chicago?
    A lot of cheese shaped like hats?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    What is weird, the health derpartment will not let them actually serve the bear meat.
    Well, they cannot serve it at the Sports Bar, true. But they plan to cook it there, and then take it to an after-party at a private residence to actually eat.

So the Bear will be eaten.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post

Plus, they will have nothing to celebrate.
    Not really, most state health departments, if not all will not allow licensed restaurants, etc to serve non USDA inspected meat.

I've had bear in a restaurant which specialized in exotic game. It tasted as good as roast beef. The owner was a friend of mine and he said bear it can be tricky to prepare correctly without a strong game taste to it. I tend to agree because I've also had some from a hunt at a sportsman's club dinner and I will say, it didn't compare to the bear I had at the restaurant.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links