Wal-Mart Shooting In Washington State....

Wal-Mart Shooting In Washington State....

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart Shooting In Washington State.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.komonews.com/news/local/114458304.html UPDATED : http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_wal_mart_shooting...

Thread: Wal-Mart Shooting In Washington State....

Last edited by Old School; January 24th, 2011 at 07:43 AM.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Just saw that on the tube. Hope for a fast and full recovery for the deps.

Who were those people that said Wal-Mart was boring? JK
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Hope the Deputies are not seriously wounded. And I hope they catch the one who was fleeing.

Strike another one up for Wal-Mart. A regular combat zone in a lot of their parking lots.

Someone should do a study to see how Wal-Mart ranks against other name brand stores for parking lot crime and gunfire.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Walmart actually has a website that keeps statistics of crimes committed on their property. I was surprised at the number of crimes that take place on their properties most are property crimes but their are some other more serious crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa48 View Post
    Walmart actually has a website that keeps statistics of crimes committed on their property.
    Link?

Sponsor
    It stands to reason that the single largest retailer with the most locations(some as large as local malls) would have a higher crime rate than any other retailer. While I don't like most of Walmart's business practices, at least they don't deny us our right to defend ourselves.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    It stands to reason that the single largest retailer with the most locations(some as large as local malls) would have a higher crime rate than any other retailer. While I don't like most of Walmart's business practices, at least they don't deny us our right to defend ourselves.
    I don't dispute that. Especially your second point. +1 on pointing that out.

I'm just saying it would be curious to see stats on a comparison basis.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

And no known reason why the guy started shooting..... hummm. Warrant ? Paranoia ?

Bad that 2 bystanders got killed, and wonder from who's guns ? I remember one here where they said the BG shot 4 people in the process, and then discovered later... it was all LEO bullets, none from the BG hit any of them. Hope the Deputies pull of it all OK.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I used to live out there and my son just moved to Bremerton.......Mrs. GSB is flying out there this week to help take my DIL and the G-kids.............

Sounds like a domestic gone really, really bad. Glad the officers are gonna be OK but not so good for the two shoppers shot.
    What's going on??? Things are getting REALLY crazy out there. Ya'll watch you 6's and stay safe!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Sponsored Links