Goofy : Catapult to launch Marijuna into the US from Mexico

This is a discussion on Goofy : Catapult to launch Marijuna into the US from Mexico within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Got to give them credit. I'm now wondering if it will be used to launch people across the border as well. Shoud the good folks ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got to give them credit. I'm now wondering if it will be used to launch people across the border as well. Shoud the good folks of Washington, DC now ban the manufacture, sale and use of catapults?

Pot-firing catapult found at Arizona-Mexico border

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- Drug smugglers trying to get marijuana across the Arizona-Mexico border apparently are trying a new approach - a catapult.

National Guard troops operating a remote video surveillance system at the Naco Border Patrol Station say they observed several people preparing a catapult and launching packages over the International Border fence last Friday evening.

Tucson TV station KVOA says Border Patrol agents working with the National Guard contacted Mexican authorities, who went to the location and disrupted the catapult operation.

The smugglers left the area before they could be captured, but Mexican officials seized about 45 pounds of marijuana, an SUV and the catapult device.

Naco is about 80 miles southeast of Tucson.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...LATE=hddefault
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Yes we should ban this 1307 technology; especially if it is deemed to be an assault catapult and or tactical in any way..

Does it have a bayonet lug?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    Yes we should ban this 1307 technology; especially if it is deemed to be an assault catapult and or tactical in any way..
    Yes. If you watch the goofy movie "Robin Hood, Men in Tights", there is a scene where the Sheriff of Rottingham is developing a "Stealth Catapult."

That's what the drug cartels should have used. We would never have seen it. It could be dubbed the "C-117-A Stealth Trebuchet."
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

noo we can't ban catapults how would we have pumpkin chucking contests on tv every year for thanksgiving! oh the horror! :(

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy85 View Post
    noo we can't ban catapults how would we have pumpkin chucking contests on tv every year for thanksgiving! oh the horror! :(
    That will be the talking point; you know how every time our law makers want to ban guns they mention that they "hunted" as a kid... to make them seem legit... well now they will say we need to ban them .... I enjoyed pumpkin chucking as a kid; but these modern cats have no place in pumpkining... they are good for one think only not pumpkins.... with hi cap bands and custom etc....

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    To avoid straw catapult sales-The BATF will now institute a rule where multiple catapult sales are required to be reported. It is being strongly resisted by catapult dealers and the National Catapult Association. Liberals decried the influence of the catapult lobby and called for "sensible catapult controls"...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

We're going to need to have a BATF inspectors at our Punkin Chunkin events to inspect each and every pumpkin for anything concealed inside. The druggies should have used the sub-compact model, not as easy to see.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I'm thinking that there could be a new "sport" skeet shooting with a 155mm Howitzer with "bee hive" rounds...how do you say PULL in spanish
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    I believe the one defining characteristic that should determine whether a catapult can be classified as an "assault catapult" is the presence of a "shoulder thing that goes up" and a 33-round ammo cart.

As we know, these devices are used by domestic terrorists, who buy them through the gun-show loophole, and take them into Mexico.

It's time for some common-sense catapult control...

Quote Originally Posted by xader View Post
    i believe the one defining characteristic that should determine whether a catapult can be classified as an "assault catapult" is the presence of a "shoulder thing that goes up" and a 33-round ammo cart.

As we know, these devices are used by domestic terrorists, who buy them through the gun-show loophole, and take them into mexico.

It's time for some common-sense catapult control...
    hi cap ammo cart hahaha

I guess the speed loader is the largest dude present
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Shooting bags of pot up into the air and across the border????

THAT GIVES A NEW MEANING TO THE EXPRESSION " GETTING HIGH"
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Ever try to conceal one of those things???
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

I always open carry my catapult. It is so hard to find pants that are eight feet bigger than my waist at WalMart, plus, it takes too many cows to make the belt. Sometimes people look at me funny, but it is my Constitutional right to bear arms and they should be happy that I choose to defend myself and my family.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links