Video of Swedish hunter tourists savagely beaten in unrest-hit Tunisia

This is a discussion on Video of Swedish hunter tourists savagely beaten in unrest-hit Tunisia within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Video of Swedish hunter tourists savagely beaten in unrest-hit Tunisia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kr1wOtHDc8 - Janq Note: Personally of all the places on planet earth I think last ...

Thread: Video of Swedish hunter tourists savagely beaten in unrest-hit Tunisia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kr1wOtHDc8

- Janq

Note:
    Personally of all the places on planet earth I think last among my thoughts would be to go to Tunisia for anything muchless to be hunting....And that was before the civil unrest and govt. overthrow.
    It was a muslim totalitarian govt. Duh!

I think I'd have selected some place like Germany or Spain first.

"Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Traveling abroad is not high on my agenda these days.

Yeah, about three or four months ago, a friend of mine who builds major computer network systems and has worked for companies like Cerner and Honeywell was considering taking a one year contract in Egypt. He was planning on taking his wife and two kids under age six with him.

I advised him to seriously reconsider. I told him that while Egypt is loosely described as an "ally" of the United States, I informed him that American's are still pretty much targets of opportunity anywhere in the Mid-East. I also pointed out that civil unrest was also brewing in Egypt in particular. No place to be with a wife and two small children tagging along. I explained that if he was traveling over there by himself, on a European Passport, he may be a little safer, but I sure as heck wouldn't be dragging my wife and kids around there and traveling on a US Passport. It would be a logistical nightmare if he had to try and get out of there on a moments notice via unconventional travel arrangements.

He called me today and let me know he passed on the opportunity. I asked him if he had been watching the news? He said, "That's why I called you!"

There is a lot of dangerous places in the world today and international travel should be scrutinized closely before embarking on such an adventure.

Closer to home, there's no way I'd go to Mexico today.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have been around the world twice thanks to the US Navy. I have no desire to go anywhere outside the US ever again. One thing I saw, and it honestly surprised me, was that pretty much every single other country I was ever in is a dump compared to the USA. there isn't any place on the planet that is as nice, as modern or as safe as America. So I see no reason to go anywhere else, for any reason.

I could spend the rest of my life visiting historic and interesting places right here in the USA and be quite happy about it. And I can be armed in most of those places as well.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

That looks like a fast forward to the stops that will take place in some of our States, if they ever get to where they want to be.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I have been around the world twice thanks to the US Navy. I have no desire to go anywhere outside the US ever again. One thing I saw, and it honestly surprised me, was that pretty much every single other country I was ever in is a dump compared to the USA. there isn't any place on the planet that is as nice, as modern or as safe as America. So I see no reason to go anywhere else, for any reason.

I could spend the rest of my life visiting historic and interesting places right here in the USA and be quite happy about it. And I can be armed in most of those places as well.
    Funny,
    this is what I said after 4 years in the navy. been there and there and there. it was not that great. I love living in the US and have no desire to travel to another country. Maybe some fishing in Canada but that is it.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

I heard later that they thought the taxi driver had alerted someone else and suspecting them for going to give their rifles to their rivals. Sometimes I feel sorry for people that live in countries with dictators, but then again, many times it has shown that the people in these countries need dictators to keep them under control...

I think Canada would be about as adventurous as I'd get in the current climate. Plenty to see and do here IMHO.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Links