I still miss TN but after this, I miss Memphis a little less.....

This is a discussion on I still miss TN but after this, I miss Memphis a little less..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is the station I worked at in Memphis. I miss Memphis but this kind of thing doesn't happen in most other cities. This is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I still miss TN but after this, I miss Memphis a little less.....

This is the station I worked at in Memphis. I miss Memphis but this kind of thing doesn't happen in most other cities. This is indicative of the type of violence and thuggery that is very common in Memphis.

I know the photographer this happened to. he is a very good guy and real pro at his job. I'm glad he is going to be OK.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news...ws-team-attack
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Vicious animals - the degradation of human kind.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Hey Mike...I was in San Jose all week and did not see this until now. Typical Memphis thugery!!!

Glad he's going to be OK.
    Proud NRA member

At an 'alterntive' school. This campus isn't representive of 'most' of Memphis's kids. There's reasons those 'thug-lets' are there in the first place.

Hope Mike recovers fully.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Really pathetic. The assistant principal was right there and he couldn't have stopped it, or even after the fact pick out more than "two" of the thugs that did this? Looks like he tried to fade into the background and not get involved. Police Chief even stated that he noticed the area was a problem area and gathering ground for the kids, yet nothing was done to disperse the crowds any time prior to this incident. Takes something like this before anything is done. Really pathetic.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Simple Assaualt? Does Tennessee have a lynching law?

Judges need to play hardball with the young thugs in this country. Out of control, violent thugs cannot be allowded to decide the climate of our cities. We have gotten ourselves into a situation where we are allowing a portion of our socity to hide behind their age. They are testing the limits. That is what kids do. Judges need to reel in the limits.

Social programs send out the message that teen pregnancy with no means to raise the child is ok. Puplic housing programs concentrate and fuel the problem. Trust me, you will not be hearing on the news that the welfare program has been successful and is no longer needed. Substandard housing used to be a rural problem related to low paying agriculture related jobs. Public housing has not solved the problem. It will not solve the problem.

I don't have time to hang out and cause trouble. I am to busy trying to scratch out a living. The situation is not getting better. It is getting worse. Choices and consequences. Positive role models. Getting hungry and going to work has worked for as long as man has been on this earth.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    This from the article:::

"Every time I would face one kid, someone else would hit me from a different side, from behind," Mike said.

Mike was out on a story with FOX13 reporter Lauren Johnson. They stopped at a crowded street corner, a block away from Northwest Prep Academy, looking for some student input on their report. The Memphis City high school is an alternative program for students who are at least two years behind in school.

TWO YEARS BEHIND?????????

I say any kid who is two years behind, or drops out of HS, and does not have a job, and /OR gets arrested and found guilty of a felony should be thown in a GAS chamber and put out of OUR misery.

To L with these juvenile-knuckledragging-thugs
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

These few verses say alot about todays society: 2 Timothy 3:1-4.......... read it if you are so inclined.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

The Northwest Prep Academy?
    I wonder what they are preparing then for...thuggery?

Simple assault, eh? That out to land them at Disney for a 2-week vacation.
    I have a better idea, but dare not share it here...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    I drove through Memphis on Jan 2nd of this year towing my fifth-wheel, headed back to NM. I had heard both here and on the news that Memphis was rough, so I drove on through and stopped just a ways west of there at a truckstop to get a little sleep. I turned on the TV while eating a bite and saw that there were 5 separate shootings that day alone!!!! Thank God I'm back down by the border where it's safe! I must say though that that is a beautiful part of the country, and can understand how someone could miss it!
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

And people wonder why my wife and I don't go up into Memphis unless it is absolutely necessary, and when we do both of us are legally armed at all times.

From where I am in Arkansas Memphis is about a 3 hour drive. We used to go up some on weekends just to visit, club a bit and hang out. Haven't done that in years, I drive a bit longer and go to Dallas now.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Herd or tribe mentality at it's finest. They should be treated just like their victim.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Herd or tribe mentality at it's finest. They should be treated just like their victim.
    Your being to kind to their ilk. More like pack mentality and they shouild be treated like the rabid animals they are. This type of behaviour is not going to change with individuals like this but only escalate into higher levels of violence. I wish this were not so but look at all the social programs in this country since the 1970's that are suppose to help people to lift themselves up. These programs only work for the few who really want to change. End of rant.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links