Do I need a tin-foil hat?

This is a discussion on Do I need a tin-foil hat? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A Special Operations Unit from Pope Air Force Base held urban environmental training exercises in Nags Head and Roanoke Island in North Carolina on January ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I need a tin-foil hat?

Do I need a tin-foil hat?

A Special Operations Unit from Pope Air Force Base held urban environmental training exercises in Nags Head and Roanoke Island in North Carolina on January 25th and 27th. The exercises involved uniformed, armed soldiers and four vehicles, including two military gun trucks practicing clearing and security procedures in Nags Head and Roanoke Island.

Why???

Are there countries we might be invading soon that have a lot of small town beach resorts? Perhaps the fact that most of our buildings are built on pilings was important, since this flood-avoiding design is so common in Afghanistan and Iraq. Do they fear the South will rise again? Or maybe there is some threat to the security of our selling of cold beer, sunscreen, souvenirs, and seafood.

Inquiring minds want to know
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Plenty of potential areas of operations that have similar architecture. While Tunisia, Egypt, and Yemen have been getting the press lately there are also situations in west Africa that might call for intervention or at least evacuation of U.S. citizens.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Here's a familiar style of home in Southern Pakistan, near Karachi.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Plenty of potential areas of operations that have similar architecture. While Tunisia, Egypt, and Yemen have been getting the press lately there are also situations in west Africa that might call for intervention or at least evacuation of U.S. citizens.
    Yep....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Also, lots of military exercises aren't about geography, but logistics.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

VIP Member
    You know, they just practice stuff, all the time, for all sorts of situations. You need the hat.

obxned, I think you are reading more into the exercise than you realize. As a military retiree, I can remember many times, when we had an exercise that involved the civilian population, or their environment, simply because we did not have those resources readily available. Why re-invent the wheel, when it's in the next town over? Or in other words, if they have buildings in the next town that are similiar to what they are where we are engaged in a war, or conflict, and we need to get our troops up to par, to prevent they becoming a casualty, then by all means go to where they can simulate the similar situations. As an ending note, I would have thought the military would have done some advance notices.
    Last edited by Old Sarge; January 29th, 2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: words omitted

Distinguished Member
    I don't get the tin foil hat thing. ??

As for why they were doing it - the guys doing it were doing it cause they were told to. The guys in charge of telling them to do it were probably doing it for a darn good reason of some type.

It is always a good idea to keep your tin foil hat close to the computer because you never know when you may need it.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    I don't get the tin foil hat thing. ??
    They are designed to prevent mind reading and mind control, most commonly considered during times of paranoia and by many conspiracy theorists...

Plus its almost as fun to say as "when zombies attack".
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I've heard conflicting stories however, does the shiny side go inside or outside when you fold?
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    The shiny side always goes out. It reflects those mind control waves and radiation better. But I have both, just in case.

Distinguished Member
    OK, got it. It took me a while on "beer bottle goggles" too.

Well, I'm a bit disappointed. I thought I would get all sorts of good conspiracy theories, including but not limited to global warming and illegal aliens from outer space. And not one mention of mutant ninja zombies taking over our favorite fishing pier.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Here are the instructions for a proper tin foil hat.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2049858_make-tinfoil-hat.html

And yes the shiny side goes out.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links